On etusd, I keep getting the questions marked wrong although I checked them over and over again. Example: 4x^2+4x-24=0 x=-3 x=2 Isn't this correct? I just put in the answer as -3,2 Do you think I should put it as x=-3, x=2? Help would be much appreciated. :) Dahnby J. Period 2
on quiz lesson 26 number 4 i am sure the answer is 3 and 8, but i already tried the answers 8,3 or 3,8 like twenty times already but it's still incorrect!
Shreyas, Too strange the later one marked me right and the earlier one marked me wrong. I got the same answers too its just not working! Nick H. Period 5
Quiz 30: #3 Why is it greater > or = to 7/11 instead of < or = to 7/11? 11x7/11=7 7-7=0 The square root of 0 is 0, but the less than part of it makes the number negative, and you can't find the square root of a negative number... This is really hard... Help? Dahnby J. Period 2
On quiz #28, I don't understand, how to do #9. I mean, I got all the way, to x= 9 plus or minus the square root of 153 all over 18. I don't understand what to do from there.
on quiz #26, problem #4, how do u make it in order pairs?? because don't we have 2 answers for x? do we plug the 2 answers in and have to orderd pairs?
Oh my God. I am so dumbfounded. I got all of those answers wrong because I put a space between the commas. The computer wasn't accepting the answer because of a space?! I am so... I just wasted two hours of my time. Dahnby J. Period 2
Yuta, putting in the leading zero means to put in the "0" before the decimal. so for example, you have to include the "0" before the decimal you have-so it would look like: 0.67, not .67
35 comments:
which test are we suppose to do?
justin lizardi
per.1
Justin,
I think any one of them, as long as you do at least two of them. :)
Dahnby J.
Period 2
On etusd, I keep getting the questions marked wrong although I checked them over and over again.
Example:
4x^2+4x-24=0
x=-3 x=2
Isn't this correct?
I just put in the answer as -3,2
Do you think I should put it as x=-3, x=2?
Help would be much appreciated. :)
Dahnby J.
Period 2
on quiz lesson 26 number 4 i am sure the answer is 3 and 8, but i already tried the answers 8,3 or 3,8 like twenty times already but it's still incorrect!
Help number 4 practice quiz.
The question is
y = x^2 - 11x + 24
Find the X intercepts.
To do that I make Y equal zero.
0 = x^2 - 11x + 24
I factor
0 = (x-3)(x-8)
I solve for X
x - 3 = 0
x - 8 = 0
Therefore the Y intercepts are 8 and 3. I inserted the answer 3, 8 and it said it was wrong what did I do wrong?
Help number 4 practice quiz.
The question is
y = x^2 - 11x + 24
Find the X intercepts.
To do that I make Y equal zero.
0 = x^2 - 11x + 24
I factor
0 = (x-3)(x-8)
I solve for X
x - 3 = 0
x - 8 = 0
Therefore the Y intercepts are 8 and 3. I inserted the answer 3, 8 and it said it was wrong what did I do wrong?
Nick H.
Period 5
On quiz 27 how do you do the problems that say "this can be written as (x+h)^2+k find the k (or h)" ?
I can't figure it out, I hope quetions like this won't be on the test.
That's weird Dahnby... I got that same answer but it marked mine right... :/
Shiloh S. per. 3
if you do all four, do you get extra credit for the other two?
valerie au
per.5
Uhh the x intercepts of
y= x^2-11x+24 isn't working properly either.
it should next be
(x-8)(x-3)
x intercepts should be 8 and 3...It isn't accepting it.
Number 11 and number 4 on Quiz 26 are identical but when I plugged 8,3 into the former, I got it right, and the latter was wrong. What happened?
Shreyas T.
P.2
Sorry, I meant number 7
Shreyas T.
P.2
Shreyas,
Too strange the later one marked me right and the earlier one marked me wrong. I got the same answers too its just not working!
Nick H.
Period 5
OH! I FOUND IT! ETUSD WANTS IT IN ORDERED PAIR FORM! IT WORKS!
Shreyas T.
P.2
I have the answers to some of these questions...but i dont know how to put in a square root sign into the little bar....any help? =)
Tim M
Per 6
Guys- are you putting a space after the comma to seperate the answers?
Maybe that's why it's marking them wrong because I don't think it should have a space...
Shiloh Per. 3
Quiz 30: #3
Why is it greater > or = to 7/11 instead of < or = to 7/11?
11x7/11=7
7-7=0
The square root of 0 is 0, but the less than part of it makes the number negative, and you can't find the square root of a negative number...
This is really hard...
Help?
Dahnby J.
Period 2
On quiz #28, I don't understand, how to do #9. I mean, I got all the way, to x= 9 plus or minus the square root of 153 all over 18. I don't understand what to do from there.
Micaela T.
Period 1
on quiz #26, problem #4, how do u make it in order pairs?? because don't we have 2 answers for x? do we plug the 2 answers in and have to orderd pairs?
hannah p per.5
Everybody,
On #4 for quiz 26 0 is also another possible answer
Sam C
Per.4
(x+h)^2 + k
How do you do these types of problems?
Tim M
Per 6
I do not get what to click which tests? I only see the lessons!
Thanks
Amber
Period 4
PROBLEM 4:
REMEMBER THAT IT IS ASKING FOR X INTERCEPTS. THESE ARE POINTS THAT CAN BE WRITTEN AS ORDERED PAIRS! Hope this helps!
Shreyas T.
P.2
omg..for quiz 26..i keep getting the first one wrong..i thought it is o, 4...but it marks it wrong/......any suggestions?
Hyun P. per.6
o, i got it..people having problems like me..u shouldnt press space after the comma;)
Hyun P. per.6
Oh,
so #4 has to be
X,0,X,0
like that?
Yuta F.
Per.4
Oh my God.
I am so dumbfounded.
I got all of those answers wrong because I put a space between the commas.
The computer wasn't accepting the answer because of a space?!
I am so...
I just wasted two hours of my time.
Dahnby J.
Period 2
Hyun,
Just take out the space after the comma when you put the answers.
4, 0 is wrong.
4,0 is right.
:)
Dahnby J.
Period 2
ok. so for quiz #26, problem #1, u should put the answers that u hav in a differnet order.
hannah p
per.5
hey shreyas quiz no. 26 number 4. i tried ordered pairs (8,0),(3,0) and i still got it wrong. dude my computer is retarded
Matthew, don't put the ()signs.
just write 8,0,3,0.
and for quiz no.28,
what does it mean to put the leading zero???
Yuta F.
Per.4
Rather than playing trial and error on the quizzes, did anyone think about checking out the lessons? It would save you lots of time.
Yuta,
putting in the leading zero means to put in the "0" before the decimal. so for example, you have to include the "0" before the decimal you have-so it would look like: 0.67, not .67
sara p.
per 6
oh yea.....Mr.Gerson..u culd have told little earlier.....
Hyun P. per.6
can we do other quizes if u just want to take it?
Hyun P. per.6
p.s.those test on etusd was kinda harder than the test we took today(o..o)
Mr. Gerson, for how long do the ETUSD quizes stay for and when are they due.
Nathan I.
Period 5
Post a Comment