February 20, 2010

MATHCOUNTS Chapter Competition

The Calle Mayor team takes THIRD PLACE.

Individual awards include:
Eric X. 3rd Place overall
Yen Shuo S. 5th Place overall

I am so proud of all of you.  Congratulations!  Here is a little bit more data that I picked up after the competition was over.  We missed 2nd place by 0.5 points.  That is equivalent to 2 Sprint Round questions or 1 Target Round question from any one member of the team.  This means that with a little more work our team could place at State Competition.  I do not believe any Torrance school has ever scored in the top 3.  After the competition, one of the chapter coordinators was commenting on how proud he was of Calle Mayor's accomplishment.  State Competition is on March 20 at the University of California, Irvine.  We don't have much time to prepare, but I am VERY excited.  Great job!

2 comments:

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

congratulations!!! good job yen and eric in the individuals, hope you all good luck on the next competition :]

Nicholas L. Period 4 said...

Great job everybody!!!! COngrats