Mr. Gerson, I have a question about the first problem of the chapter 8 project. The lines don't intersect at a point on the graph, and I'm sure that these lines are right because I've checked my work over and over..Do you want us to estimate the points or are my lines just wrong?
Shiloh, Dahnby made a very interesting comment yesterday about that exact same thing. Check out her conclusion. I find her comment very intuitive.
Zoya, today is my anniversary, and I am still at school calling parents and writing emails because of that no conference period thing. I am leaving school right now, so I can beat my wife and Aurora home. : )
I will try to scan the tests before school tomorrow. At least the ones who wrote which form they had.
Shreyas, I think Mr. Gerson chose the equation to show that graphing does not always give precise answers, so I would round to the nearest half for the first equation. Make sure to put the squiggly equal sign (I don't know what it's called) to show that it is an approximation. :)
Shreyas, you should read the comments that Dahnby and I previously posted, and the response by Mr. Gerson. I think it will answer your question...unless you've already turned in your project.
Yeah, I read Dahnby's post. I've already turned in the project (thanks for the hint Dahnby). I've learned something about our class from the test...If you go into a test feeling cocky, you are not going to do well. Arrogance leads to mistakes, sometimes major ones. I know what I did wrong for the test and I know what I will do in the future to prevent such mistakes. Thank you for the life lesson Mr. Gerson.
14 comments:
The grading rubric is still not fixed...
Dahnby J.
Period 2
Dahnby, I have removed, deleted, and reloaded the file AGAIN. Each time I try to download it, it appears correctly. Would you check it again? Thanks!
Mr. Gerson, I have a question about the first problem of the chapter 8 project. The lines don't intersect at a point on the graph, and I'm sure that these lines are right because I've checked my work over and over..Do you want us to estimate the points or are my lines just wrong?
Shiloh S. Per. 3
What was the change in the rubric? They seem identical...
Shreyas T.
P.2
Mr.Gerson, are our tests graded? If they are, will we get to know by tomorrow?
Zoya A.
Per.3
Shiloh, Dahnby made a very interesting comment yesterday about that exact same thing. Check out her conclusion. I find her comment very intuitive.
Zoya, today is my anniversary, and I am still at school calling parents and writing emails because of that no conference period thing. I am leaving school right now, so I can beat my wife and Aurora home. : )
I will try to scan the tests before school tomorrow. At least the ones who wrote which form they had.
Thank you.
It's the right one now. :)
Happy Anniversary!!!
Hope you get home in time! XD
Dahnby J.
Period 2
For the Chapter 8 Project, does the fraction need to be exactly the right fraction, or is it okay if we approximate (first problem)?
Shreyas T.
P.2
Shreyas,
I think Mr. Gerson chose the equation to show that graphing does not always give precise answers, so I would round to the nearest half for the first equation.
Make sure to put the squiggly equal sign (I don't know what it's called) to show that it is an approximation. :)
Dahnby J.
Period 2
Ya, baby! Two whole weeks of winter break!!
Matthew J
Period 2
Shreyas, you should read the comments that Dahnby and I previously posted, and the response by Mr. Gerson. I think it will answer your question...unless you've already turned in your project.
Shiloh S. Per. 3
I started the project today and on number 1 are we supposed to answer it with a true/false statement or an ordered pair.
Michael S.
Per 1
P.S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY=)
Michael-Answer with an ordered pair.
Shiloh S. Per. 3
Yeah, I read Dahnby's post. I've already turned in the project (thanks for the hint Dahnby). I've learned something about our class from the test...If you go into a test feeling cocky, you are not going to do well. Arrogance leads to mistakes, sometimes major ones. I know what I did wrong for the test and I know what I will do in the future to prevent such mistakes. Thank you for the life lesson Mr. Gerson.
Shreyas T.
P.2
Post a Comment