March 12, 2009

Sums & Differences of Rational Expressions (Like Denominators) (CA SS: 13.0)

Sorry that yesterday's blog did not post. I must have put today's date. Check to see if you had a summary to publish yesterday and do it today.

p.443 (1-23:odd)

Summaries: Clara D. (Per. 1), Kacie O. (Per. 2), Brianna C. (Per. 3), Adrianne G. (Per. 4), Nathan I. (Per. 5), Jodi G. (Per. 6)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today in class we learned Sums and Differences of Rational equations (Like Denominators). No matter what the denominator will be the same.
Ex: 3a/4 + 7a/4
See the denominators are the same. so next you just need to add the numerators.
7a+3a/4=10a/4 Your not done yet because you can reduce more.
(1/2)10a/(1/2)4=5a/2a
Kacie o. per.2

Anonymous said...

For #23, the book said the denominator is (a-1)(a-1) but isn't the simplest form (a-1)^2?
Which one is right?

Linda L
Per.2

Anonymous said...

I thought that (a-1)^2 would be right. Wouldn't that be the simplest way to write (a-1)(a-1)?

Shreyas T.
P.2

Potato Man said...

Both are correct Linda. They mean the same thing.

For example: 25=5x5
x^2=(x)(x)
(x+7)(x+7)=(x+7)^2

Austin Cruz :)
Per. 2