Journal Entry: Today in math class, we collected the homework, after going over some questions. We did notes on the elimination method. Example... 5x+3y=17 5x-2y=-3
@Matt, good job you solved the problem by yourself.
I'm sure Sean mentioned this before but I just want to emphasize the fact that, we as the TA's, we don't have a copy of the math-book. Telling us simply "I need help with number _ " will not help you in any way.
I also want to state that OTHER students should be helping others. We, as the TA, will help you but make notice that other students should be helping....
Sorry about my rant, I guess I am in a bad mood.....
Today in math class i got kicked out but i stilled learned new methods such as the elimination method and we also collected homework and went over questions...
Period 2: Period 3: Jonathan K. Period 4: Period 5: Period 6: Marcus B.
@Matthew, If you put both equations into slope-intercept form, the you get: y=4/5x+7 y=4/5x+7 Since they are the same line, then there are infinitely many solutions. This happens in most, if not all, situations that are like yopur example. Test just to make sure and show work.
26 comments:
how do u get the y axis for the first problem
Journal Entry:
Today in math class, we collected the homework, after going over some questions. We did notes on the elimination method.
Example...
5x+3y=17
5x-2y=-3
5x+3y=17 5x-2y=-3
5x-2y=-3 5x-2(4)=-3
5x-8=-3
5y 20 +8 +8
____ =_____
5 5 5x 5
___ = ___
y=4 5 5
x=1
Answer is (1,4)
aw man... it messed it up
What happens if you don't do the journal entry on the day you are supposed to do it?
u get no credit marcus.... if u dont do it that day ur supposed to.
~Journal Entries~
Period 2:
Period 3:
Period 4:
Period 5:
Period 6: Marcus B.
@Jose, I have no clue what you are talking about.
@ Marcus, Yeah what Matt said.... :3
hey natasha. how do u do # 3? i failed i got 9,8 but i look at the back and it says 3,5 so i need help
oh never mind. it says use the addition method..... i used the wrong method.... haha i failed
@Matt, good job you solved the problem by yourself.
I'm sure Sean mentioned this before but I just want to emphasize the fact that, we as the TA's, we don't have a copy of the math-book. Telling us simply "I need help with number _ " will not help you in any way.
I also want to state that OTHER students should be helping others. We, as the TA, will help you but make notice that other students should be helping....
Sorry about my rant, I guess I am in a bad mood.....
ok natasha
ok.....
I have the Algebra book at home, but I'm too lazy to pull it out.
psh Eric.... and where did you happen to get that from?
he prob bought it.... anywway can anyone help on number 11?
using the addition method
4x-5y=7
-4y+5y=7
i dont get it.... if u add them together it would be 0=14....? so im confused
Do we need justifications?
Today in math class i got kicked out but i stilled learned new methods such as the elimination method and we also collected homework and went over questions...
x+y=5
2x-y=4
3x =9
1/3(3x)=1/3(9)
=
x=3
Also...
2x-y=4
2(3)-y=4
6-y=4
________
-6 -6
-y =-2
_______
-1 -1
y=2
(3,2) is the solution
haha jonathan!!!!!
Period 2:
Period 3: Jonathan K.
Period 4:
Period 5:
Period 6: Marcus B.
@Matthew, If you put both equations into slope-intercept form, the you get:
y=4/5x+7
y=4/5x+7
Since they are the same line, then there are infinitely many solutions. This happens in most, if not all, situations that are like yopur example. Test just to make sure and show work.
umm..Sean, it's actually y=4/5x-7/5 and y=4/5x+7/5.
These lines are parallel, and thus, never intersect, so there are no solutions.
When you get 0=0, 5.678=5.678, then there are an infinite number of solutions.
When you get 0=5.6819294859, then there are no solutions.
After going over some questions from last night's homework, Mr. Gerson showed us how to use the Elimination Method to solve problems.
Example:
x+y=10
4x-y=8
---------
5x=18
1/2(6x)=1/2(18)
1x=3
x=3
x+y=10
(3)+y=10
3+y=10
-3 -3
---------
y=7
Final Answer:(3,7)
Easy as 3.14159!
~Journal Entries~
Period 2:
Period 3: Jonathan K.
Period 4:
Period 5:
Period 6: Marcus B. Marcus C.
^ Must be a coincidence right?
@sean thnx but i got it.... i was just not paying attention to my work and i wasnt focused but once i was i figured out everything simply... haha
@natasha.. idk maybe?
@Eric Oh sorry I forgot to divide the 7s. :P Hope I do better in MATHCOUNTS.
Post a Comment