Here is our factoring algorithm:
Remove the Greatest Monomial Factor
Check for the Difference of Two Squares
Check for a Perfect Square Trinomial
Factor x2+bx+c
Factor ax2+bx+c
Factor by Grouping
ALWAYS FACTOR COMPLETELY!
p.284 (13-24)
We will be testing out a new piece of technology tomorrow. Here is a preview:
21 comments:
whats the new piece of technology called?
Today's lesson was about ALWAYS FACTOR COMPLETELY!! We have to use all of the steps in some of the problems but not in all.
@kalyn. was that suppose to be a journal entry?
The new piece of technology looks cool!!!
the new piece of technology looks like one of those new wii writing/drawing pads. :)
are all of us going to test it out? and how come #13 is not factorable?
I can't wait to try the SMAT technology.
Sorry, i selled smat wrong.
I also spelled spelled wrong.
:O Do the TA's get to test that out too D: cuz that looks really fun to play with :'(
~Journal~
Today we took our third lesson check (Which I think I did ALOT better on :]) and he collected them instead of us correcting them, I can barely handle the suspense. We also practiced factoring completely for our homework. Factorign cimpletely is using all the steps, and using them correctly! I also learned practice makes perfect, since we did the same type of lesson check three times.
BTW, Cant wait to test out the new IPAD looking thingy :]
Journal Entry
today in mr Gersons second period we went over our homework and then we got a lesson check.Then we went over the lesson check. Then he gave us our homework and that is what we did in Gersons.
@Evelyn
13. x squared+4
=NOT FACTORABLE
This is because they do not share a common factor
which is the first step, and also the second step is to check for the DIFFERENCE of 2 squares which leads up to #13 being 2 squares but it is the SUM not the DIFFERENCE. Even if you imply the steps afterward it would not work which means it is not factorable.
the 'new peice of technology' is called a "smart pad"... it is used to control the smart pad from any where in the room using bluetooth so that Mr.Gerson doesnt have to stay in the front of the room in order to teach... Its a fun way to be lazy... I know all of this information because I am Mrs.Creek's T.A. and she was the first one to use it...
P.s....it is VERY fun to use... I used it:)
we had our 6.1-6.4 lesson check today. i had to run...
our lesson was "ALWAYS FACTOR COMPLETLY!!"
Period 2: Cierra K.
Period 3:
Period 4: Jenna M.
Period 5:
Period 6:
Brian (and Kalyn), your journal entry needs to be longer.
Journal Entry 12/2/10
Today in class, we did our lesson check. Today instead of correcting it ourselves we turned it in. Afterwards we did our homework which was review of factoring up to now. Our key lesson today was to alwasy factor completly. You also always have to follow the steps. If you follow the steps, even the most challenging problems can be easy.
Period 2: Cierra K.
Period 3:
Period 4: Jenna M., MyungSun K.
Period 5:
Period 6:
Post a Comment