December 17, 2010

Winter Break

Have a safe vacation.  See you in 2011.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great Christmas Mr. Gerson!!!!!

Willy Wang TA.4 said...

ditto!

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

Have an awesome winter break. And do not come back to class all out of it cuz dude class would be boring if u were. Also don't empty ur brain out yet that's for summer ;) happy holidays <3

Mr. Gerson said...

Thank you. I'm very excited to be on winter break. There are so many things to look forward to. South High is holding their annual soccer tournament. I will be refereeing the 3rd and 5th place games in the girls Varsity tournament and one of the semi-final matches in the boys Varsity tournament. The boys game will be very important. The state referee board is sending an assessor down to watch me. It will determine if we are given a CIF divisional final match. I will be the center official, and there will be 4 officials. It is an afternoon game, so maybe I'll see some of you out there. I'll also let you know how TRON is. We are seeing it at Disney's El Capitan in Hollywood. Plus lots more. You have great plans too?

Evelyn M per.3 said...

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great break everybody!!!

AndyArtist7 said...

Have a fanstical and wonderous break

Mr. Gerson said...

Can you believe we are in for at least 3 more inches over the next few days?

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

aw.... that means locking myself in my house, except for a few occasions, hearing rain splatter across my windows? dangit....i was hoping to actually go have fun this winter break too. -3-

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

of rain?

:|

Have a great Winter Break everyone!

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

my dad said we already had a little over 5 in already =/

Willy Wang TA.4 said...

no one comes here anymore during winter break

Mr. Gerson said...

They're playing with their new holiday gifts.

Mr. Gerson said...

TRON was everything I expected it to be.

My assessment was brilliant. The assessor was very excited and finished by saying, "We'll see you in the championships". However, they changed the rules this year. My score is only half mine. Apparently, the person chosen to be my 4th official determines half my score. In reality, all the 4th official does is blow an air horn when it's time to substitute players. Why then is he assessed as a center referee to count as half my score? It means the assessors come out and get paid for two assessments instead of one. Good for them; Bad for me. I will get a lower level game because the 4th official did not know how to referee. Let me quote the assessor, "He needs to be as good as you, and he's not." I will still get a championship game, but it will not be rated as competitive as it would have otherwise been. Others would tell me that it is an honor to get to be a center official in any championship match, but it is still a bummer that I will not get the game I demonstrated I deserve. It is a reminder that life is not fair, even for adults.

JennaM.Per.4 said...

I saw you at the boys game Mr. gerson! :D & thats not fair...you cant control how the other ref does..... ._.