from the note,,, x,y x,y ex) (3,4)(-1,-3) m=△y/△x =y2-y1/x2-x1 (the numbers suppose to be a sub number) 1.substitude the numbers m=-3-4/-1-3 =-7/-4 =7/4 2.substitude x,y,and m to point-slope form(you can choose one of (3,4)(-1,-3) but I chose(3,4). y-y1=m(x-x1)←point-slope form y-4=7/4(x-3) y-4=7/4x-21/4 +4ㅣ +4 ------------- y=7/4x-5/4 ←slope-intercept form
20 comments:
so do we have to draw graphs?
Matthew J.
Period 2
i wasn't here for this because i went to the court house so how are you suppose to do this?
it says to write an equation for the given pairs but how do you do that?
kayla s.
for today's home work do we have to simplify the problems to the smallest fraction or just to the equation.
thanks
Tre.M
period.2
only graph for the last two.
Tre.M
Period2
I don't think you need to graph, but I'm
sure you need to copy the graph on problem
#23 and 25.
Alyssa K.
Per.5
I don't get it please help me someone i'm so confuesd!!!!!!!!!!!
Chase R
Per. 1
anyone know how to make 13 into the equation
from the note,,,
x,y x,y
ex) (3,4)(-1,-3)
m=△y/△x
=y2-y1/x2-x1 (the numbers suppose to be a sub number)
1.substitude the numbers
m=-3-4/-1-3
=-7/-4
=7/4
2.substitude x,y,and m to point-slope form(you can choose one of
(3,4)(-1,-3) but I chose(3,4).
y-y1=m(x-x1)←point-slope form
y-4=7/4(x-3)
y-4=7/4x-21/4
+4ㅣ +4
-------------
y=7/4x-5/4 ←slope-intercept form
you got to do both forms
I hope it helps you!
Seowoo J
Per.5
Mr. Gerson told us that we need to do it on graph paper. Writing an equation for given pairs works like this:
(0,3), (1,2)
First use this formula
m=Δy
---
Δx
which is basically this
y2-y1
-----
x2-x1
Fill the fraction in (doesn't matter which one is in what place. Just keep it similar with both sides):
3-2
----
0-1
1
--
-1
This is your slope or m. Now take your slope and the rest of your equation and put it into point-slope form (I use the first ordered pair):
y-y1=m(x-x1)
y-3=-1/1(x-0)-Point Slope
Now use that to put it into Slope Intercept Form.
y-3=-1/1(x-0)
Distribute
y-3=-1/1x+0
+3 +3
y=-1/1x+3-Slope Intercept Form
Shreyas T.
P.2
the homework was easy!
Erica M.
Period 2 =]
for # 13-21 does there need to be a graph?
-evelyn
Thanks Sheryas!!!!!!!!
-Shivani S.
Per. 4
Wait, so is the slope intercept form equation the answer?
Shreyas T.
P.2
evelyn, i don't think we need to graph #13 to 21. i think we just need to copy the graphs for #23 and 25
Hannah P
per.5
the homework was so easy!
saloni b.
period 1
the homework was easyy!!
but do we have studyisland for this week.?
=]
-kylie c.
per.1
The homework was super-duper EASY!
:]
Linda L.
Per.2
Someone said we have a test tommorow or tuesday...Is that true?
Shreyas T.
P.2
I think we will have a test Tuesday, because we don't want to forget what we have learned during Thanksgiving.
Saloni B.
Period 1
Mr gerson said nothing about a test tomorrow! I think
Linda Ly
Per.2
Post a Comment