September 10, 2010

Chapter 1 Vocabulary & Properties (CA SS: 1.0)

Today we started defining the following list:

variable
algebraic expression
numerical expression
substitution
evaluate
grouping symbols
equivalent expressions
additive identitiy
multiplicative identity
factor
simplest form
terms
like terms
natural number
whole number
integer
rational numbers
irrational numbers
real number
reflexive property of equality
symmetric property of equality
transitive property of equality
commutative property of addition/of multiplication
associative property of addition/of multiplication
distributive property

p.47 (1-13:odd, 17-21:odd, 35, 37)

70 comments:

Lizzie M. Per. 6 said...

Hi all, is anybody else signing up for CJSF? And if they are, can someone please explain whether or not the classes on the form are supposed to be from fourth quarter of last year, or first quarter this year? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Mr.Gerson:) do we have to do anything about our vocab? so we have no hw today right??i wish we only have to be done with worksheet!:) have a great weekend!:)

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

Uhhhhh I'm suppose to sign up for CJSF but i forgot to get the form the slip should be due next week or something.....

Anonymous said...

question:how do i make a username? it only lets me do me do my email. ahhhh! oh and this is Breana E. from per.5

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

.......Breana go yesterday's post i wrote how to change your username.....

Anonymous said...

okay i think i figured this out

Anonymous said...

oh that posted natasha!!!??? okay hold on

Anonymous said...

natasha i couldnt find it but i put my email as BreanaE.per.5@cmms.school and it took it

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

It's fine, it doesn't matter now that you've figured out the whole username thing

AndrewH Period 6 said...

Hi

Unknown said...

HW? on the weekend!! c'mon!

Allison L. Per. 6 TA said...

Hey Mr.Gerson and everyone!:)I hope everyone knows there is hw!If you don't I feel sorry for you!:(Have a great weekend everyone!:)Later!

Allison L. Per. 6 TA said...

Hey Mr.Gerson and everyone!:)I hope everyone knows there is hw!If you don't I feel sorry for you!:(Have a great weekend everyone!:)Later!

Gloria K. Per. 4 said...

Is this: p.47 (1-13:odd, 17-21:odd, 35, 37), due Monday? I forgot to bring my book home because I didn't know we had anything.

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

online textbook? there should be one somewhere.....

Anonymous said...

hello everyone!!!!

moET T. pER. 4☺ said...

hi just checking this works!!! ;)

April said...

Hi everyone! Are we supposed to fill in the vocab. by ourselves?

April said...

O wait nvmd i just remembered that Mr.Gerson said that on monday we will continue at the word FACTOR

GiselleBPer2 said...

hey everybody...yes, sadly there is homework... i mean... YAY!!!! (just kidding) anyway, a lot of people are wondering where and when to get the CJSF forms. You can get them @ Mrs.Creeks class (rm.13)on monday and ask her for the sheet. you're welcome:)

April said...

Thank You Giselle!! I didnt know when to get that paper cuz lizzie said they were all out

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. Just wondering but is there an online math book? I forgot my algebra book at home and didn't know we had homework..

April said...

Umm i think there is i will check be back in a min

April said...

looking for it
right now

April said...

ok im not sure if this is it but it says: see us on the internet at www.phschool.com

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

I don't think there is an online textbook.

brian C per3 said...

hi. mr. gerrrrrssssoooooonnnn, why couldnt you have told us about this in class?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Mr. Gerson u never said we had homework so i didn't bring home the math book. I'm sorry i didnt know...

Unknown said...

Mr. Gerson u never said we had homework so i didn't bring home the math book. I'm sorry i didnt know...

Anonymous said...

what we have hw!!??

ScarlettP.Per.5 said...

hey, how do we get to the online math book? Is there even an online math book??

Anonymous said...

nvm im okay! i found the hw

April said...

Ok because i thought there might be an online textbook because there was one for calame last year

Anonymous said...

hi april

Anonymous said...

Is this homework due monday? because i didnt bring my book home.

Unknown said...

Hi Mr. Gerson :)
im just saying that i am in your 6th period.
have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

r u choe or sanati?

Rebecca H per.2 said...

im confused when is the book hw due......cuz i dnt bring my book cuz no one told me we had hw.

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

As of now, I don't know if there is an online book.
The homework might not be due on Monday since most of the classes did not finish the notes(I think).
I would finish the homework if you have the book with you right now.

KatieR. Per.6 said...

@April You guys left off at Factor? LOL We barly got to numerical expression.

GiselleBPer2 said...

OK everybody... I no there is a lot of questions about the homework and online books... 1st of all, Mr.Gerson has not given us a passcode, so i dont think there is one. Also, Mr.Gerson did tell us that we shoud check the blog 4 homework in class so... kinda your fault... srry:)

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

Ok on Mr. Gerson's board it said to check the blog for homework. so it was your fault that you didn't pay attention to the board which said that there was going to be homework.

Anonymous said...

when is the homework due?

Sean K Per.3 TA said...

Most likely on Monday, unless something comes up. Also, I looked up an online textbook, and it says that the school had to have requested the online textbook. You would need a registration key. So if you don't have the book, I would recommend borrowing one from one of your classmates.

Anonymous said...

I didn't bring home my book. ):

Anonymous said...

Oh man i forgot my book :[

ChasiLper.2 said...

hello

JennaM.Per.4 said...

Brought my book home just in case :D

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

Just go to the library and use the book...

Yuu O Per.3 said...

Does anyone know about if they said anything about Yearbook and Journalism and Student Council forms??

Brooke V. Per.3 said...

i didnt bring my textbook home....i didnt know we had to...is there any textbook online or something

Paige H. Per.4 said...

Hi just checking to see if this works

Mr. Gerson said...

April, please remove your last name from your Display Name and add your period too. There are a few of you who need to add a last initial and period.

Yes, it is true. The board said to check the blog for your assignment. Those of you who checked the blog and completed the assignment will be rewarded. There are many who will not check the blog even though I said they should. This should help reinforce that.

There is no official online textbook. I have found some unofficial pages using Google. The code that is being discussed gives access to an assignment or quiz. I will not be using the Prentice Hall website.

I'm glad to see so many of you communicating. I will ask Mrs. Creek for a bunch of CJSF forms for you guys. I will turn them in for you too.

Sean K Per.3 TA said...

If you did not bring home your book I have two alternatives that have been listed already.
1.) Go to the library, they might have it
2.) Borrow a friend's book

Ryan Brown/ Period 6 said...

Have a good weekend!!!

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

I'm pretty sure that the Katy Geissert Civic Center Library has the Algebra book.

GiuseppeA per.2 said...

Mr. Gerson is the assignment in our book due Monday because i didn't bring my book home and i know a lot of other people didn't is there a online book?

Anonymous said...

how do u change ur user name??

Willy Wang TA.4 said...

i cant believe theres homework and i didnt know about it! I dont even have my book!

GiselleBPer2 said...

I'm glad Mr.Gerson finally set things straight...Hope everybody did their homework:)

Shelby P. Per.4 said...

Hey, Mr. Gerson! I saw you on Saturday on Sepulveda. I was going to my club soccer game. We won 4-0! Go Exiles!!!!

Willy Wang TA.4 said...

i dont have my book :(

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

You're not allowed to borrow the textbooks from the library so the only option is to go there and use the textbook. As far as I know the Katy Geissert Library closes at 5 on sundays sooo...i don't know what to say.

Unknown said...

Is the vocab. homework too? ...

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

The vocabulary should have been done a few days ago, unless you were absent.
If you don't have your book,well :(

Sean K Per.3 TA said...

I think we have already answered all of these questions. aboput 5 times....

AndrewH Period 6 said...

Hello :)

Anonymous said...

I have a question about the math homework, it says evaluate and its #7 on pg. 47 it says

a/3b a=18 b=3

so since PEMDAS works with parenthesis comes first does that mean you solve the fraction first or do i multiply 3 by b?

this was old hw, but anyways i would still like to know how to do it

MarcusB. per.6 said...

hi