September 14, 2010

Writing Expressions (CA SS: 5.0)

Lesson Check 2B occurred today.  I will be looking to see who improved from yesterday.  A score of 12 or better was the goal.

Today you should be writing your fourth journal entry.  I find the difference between less, less than, and is less than the most interesting part of today's lesson.  You should include that in your journal entry.

By special request:


You have the problem and the answer in the book (a.k.a. the bun). When I am looking at your assignments, I am looking for the beef. Where's the beef?  But don't forget the bun either.

p.30 (1 - 23: odd)

35 comments:

MaddieS Per.5 said...

Hi Mr. Gerson, quick question. Is the study guide due tomorrow, or Friday??

Anonymous said...

are we supposed to fill out the study guide by tomorrow?

matthew y. per. 6 said...

mr gerson, were we supposed to put the notes in the journal or on a piece of paper

Unknown said...

on the notebook duh

KalynKcmmsPer.5 said...

i think he said the studyguide was due on friday

Willy Wang TA.4 said...

when is the study guide due?

KalynKcmmsPer.5 said...

im pretty sure its friday

KalynKcmmsPer.5 said...

seriously why does it only show my first name it says that my display name is kalynkper5 but on the comments it just says kalyn!!

KalynKcmmsPer.5 said...

nevermind haha

Allison L. Per. 6 TA said...

hey does any1 no wen the study guide is due?

AndrewH Period 6 said...

I believe the study guide is for studying only, but if I were you, I would do it anyway.

Allison L. Per. 6 TA said...

Well I guess no one really knows for sure, when the studyguide is due......so I'm just gonna fill it out today...I mean it's better safe then sorry...right?

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

Yeah you should do it...usually tests are based off of the study guide.

Allison L. Per. 6 TA said...

I'm just putting this out there but everyone should try to finish the studyguide, because Mr.Gerson is probaly going to want to go over it to give us the right answers if we're wrong...I think..:)

Allison L. Per. 6 TA said...

It's probaly almost the exact same like our quiz was today. You know it was the same thing as that worksheet we did that we didn't to great on...

Allison L. Per. 6 TA said...

the test is on friday right?

April said...

I'm not sure when the studyguide is due but I'm going to do it after the math hw and see how far i can get

Anonymous said...

Wait... so we have to write our notes in the journal then write an entry? The studyguide is due Friday right?

jose c per3 said...

hi

®¥Ώ Ⓣ. ℙĕ®. ④ said...

hi i finished the study guide just in case

GiselleBPer2 said...

Yes everybody...the test is on friday. And rmember he told us that the study guide was do on friday and the test was going to be on friday. Does anybody pay attention???

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

apparently not.....

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lui N Per.3 said...

hi everyone :) the journal thing is about what i learned today...right?

Brooke V. Per.3 said...

so when we do the studyguide are we able to do the work on a seperate sheet of paper

Paula H said...

We don't have to bring our math journal to school, right? Because we write in it after school...

Unknown said...

Do we write our notes as a journal entry?

April said...

Yes the journal is about what you learn that day, and you enter it in as a journal entry, and I'm not sure if you bring it or leave it home but i bring it in my binder.

Mr. Gerson said...

I will not collect the study guide. It is just to give you some sample test questions. I will post answers in a day or two.

Giselle, thank you for feeling my pain.

Bring your journals with you.

Mr. Gerson said...

If anyone is confused about the common assessment for English, you use the same type of enrollment key: Gladden7, Martinez8, etc...

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

Every day after class, you should right in your journal about what you learned. I think you won't have to bring it to school every day for now...

The study guide is not actually set a "due" date; it is just for your reference. If you don't want to do it, it's your choice.

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

Nevermind, bring your journals with you.

Unknown said...

love the where's the beef video Mr. Gerson

Adam D. Per.6 said...

I'm confused. Are the notes supposed to be separate from the journal? What are we supposed to put in the journal?

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

Read the post 3 posts directly above yours.