Make an organized list
Find a pattern
Write and equation
Work backward
You guys chose your groups and your problem. The poster you made is going to be presented on Tuesday where you will show how you used one of the six reasoning strategies listed above. I eliminated Guess and Check because you are all experts at it already. Your homework is the problems that will not be presented on Tuesday. See the list below by period.
Per. 2: p.39 (1), p.100 (7), p.101 (15)
Per. 3: p.39 (4), p.46 (14), p. 101 (13)
Per. 4: p.101 (14, 15, 16)
Per. 5: p.45 (12), p.101 (15)
Per. 6: p.45 (12), p. 101 (13, 15)D.C.: I have printouts of the included Travel Insurance and the Enrollment form for GLOBUS. If you are interested, get those forms from me. I need an Enrollment form and $600 deposit for each person who plans to go. Feel free to photocopy the Enrollment form, or I can also email it to you. We send $250 to GLOBUS, purchase the airfare, and put the leftover money in trust until final payment. If you want to pay by check, make the check payable to Ladera Travel. If you want to use a credit card, talk to Sharon or Cynthia at 310 798-7800.
45 comments:
was the question poster due today?
it was due at the end of the period, I think?
Today, we learned how to solve word problems using strategys. Some of these strategys included drawing a picture, making an organized list, and write an equation, but you are not supposed to guess and check.
It was. You are presenting it on Tuesday.
Today we laearned how to word problems using stratigies. Such stratigies include drawing a picture, making an organized list, and finding a pattern, but we are not supposed to guess and check.
I also changed my picture Mr. Gerson.
My bad, i ment to say, solve word problems using strategies.
Dang me and my team didn't even write the answer down
Since I was sick and was absent today, Am I just going to be in a group randomly on Tuesday, or am I going to do something else?
@Sean: Better picture.
@Kyle: Just write your answer down before you present.
wait what was the homework then?
Today in math i learned how to solve problems using different methods like drawing a picture, making an organized list, finding a pattern, write an equation, make a table, and working backwards.we used the method were you draw a picture to help solve the math problem today.
@Brandon: What strategy did your group choose? Why?
@Testu: How about telling us how drawing a picture helped solve your problem.
we used the draw a picture method
Journal Entry:
Today we learned how to solve problems using different methods, like drawing a picture, finding a pattern, making an organized list, writing an equation, work backwards, and making a table. i think drawing a picture is an easy way to solve a problem, because it helps to draw the problem out.
For period 6, is it page 45, number 12 or page 46, different problem?
@Katie: Better?
Journal Entries
Period 2:Joy P.
Period 3:
Period 4: Brandon M. Tetsu Y.
Period 5:
Period 6:
@Gerson, If you meant me (Two Katie's is so confusing :D) , Yeah a lot better. I feel great, I just needed a lot of rest.
Journal Entry:
Today in class we learned how to solve world problems using different strategies or methods such as drawing a picture, making an organized list, writing an equation, making a table, and working backwards. For our group we set up an equation and slowly worked our way through.
wait im lost...the writing in green are problems that we solve on our own for hw?
yes
ya but its only for our period.
today, the class was taught how to solve problems by using various plans such as drawing pictures, using patterns, etc. the class also did a project that strengthened our understanding of the lesson by creating a poster that featured problem solving using the new plans to earn experience through a hands-on project.
yeah...everyone is using the picture method, probably because it is the simplest and makes the most sense...
I am to, just like everyone else
about pictures, is mine appropriate enough? (its a cat with a little gun in its hands.)
eric, gimme credit please! i posted about the journal entry
here, how's this picture
Journal Entries
Period 2:Joy P.
Period 3:John S. Lui N.
Period 4: Brandon M. Tetsu Y.
Period 5:
Period 6:
Mr. Gerson do you accept toner cartridges?
journal entry:
Todays lesson was about reasoning strategies. The seven strategies were drawing a picture, making an organized list, finding a pattern,write an equation, make a table and work backward....
I'm soooo sorry for not posting this yestarday Mr. Gerson!!! i jammed with soccer and other homework and i totally forgot!!
wow, a lot of people still have to post their entries...
how do we show our work for the homework if we did pg. 101? Do we write out the whole problem?
@Matteo: Yes.
Kalyn, are you in Period 5? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Journal Entries
Period 2: Joy P.
Period 3: John S. Lui N.
Period 4: Brandon M. Tetsu Y.
Period 5: Kalyn K.
Period 6:
yeah, do we write out the whole problem for pg. 101 or do we just show how we got it and the answer?
Just like our posters.
1. Problem
2. Use of Reasoning Strategy
3. Solution
do we have to writ the answer too cause it only says to make an equation...
See my comment directly above yours.
Is there a deadline for the D.C. trip? Also, I don't think many of the kids in other classes know about the trip.
@Mr. Gerson: Are we supposed to explain why we chose to use that reasoning strategy?
@Sean the cost of airfare will continue to rise until booked. Other than that, we can keep taking people until the tour company says the coach we are using cannot carry any more people.
@Gloria in your journal? I would. In the presentation, it should be very apparent.
Post a Comment