November 14, 2010

End of Quarter 1 (cont.)

Some of you got lucky I was at my grandmother's late Friday, so I did not close the Study Island assignment until Saturday night.  Your grades are now posted.  I'm pleased to see that many of you were able to squeeze out the next grade, but 90.0% is cutting it a bit close.  I'm disappointed that 5th period did not really take advantage of this opportunity.  Before anyone says anything, I will remind you that Study Island was written on the whiteboard where the day's assignments are written if you have not been checking the blog daily.  Only 2 people in 4th period did not take advantage of this assignment, and they are the only 2 people who do not have an "A" on their report card for Q1.  Most every other period did a good job of utilizing this assignment.  Good job!  I would probably rate the chapters left in terms of difficulty as:
  1. Chapter 10
  2. Chapter 8
  3. Chapter 6
  4. Chapter 13
  5. Chapter 7 
  6. Chapters 9/12
  7. Chapter 11
Each step is easy enough in chapter 6 but combining them all to solve equations seems to be difficult for many students.  We will work on the steps this week.  We will work on combining them to solve equations after Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

HannaC.Per6 said...

YESS !
thanks for the Study Island assignment, it improved my grade[:
-Hanna Chu; Per.6

Mr. Gerson said...

You're welcome.

MarcusB. per.6 said...

Soooo, everyone in 6th period ethier has an "A" or a "B" right?

MarcusB. per.6 said...

How come I can't see me grade on parent connect?
Can I see my grade in 6th period?

Natasha L Per.4 TA said...

ahhhh Chapter 10.......