September 29, 2009

Differences of Rational Numbers CA SS: 1.0

Let's try to help each other answer questions left on the blog.

Again, I put my Power Point presentation into etusd.

p.74 (1-19:odd,31-39:odd,51,57,66-73:all)

24 comments:

Sean K Per.3 TA said...

do we have to write out the whole word problem for numbers 51 and 57?

andrewcper6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

for n-0= 0-n, what would be a counter example?

Mr. Gerson said...

Sean, I most certainly would.

Jacob, a counterexample (vocab word) tells you that you need to show a situation that results in a FALSE statement.

Nick M.Per3 said...

for 1/13 - 1/12 .. if they dont share a comon demonator whatdo u do???

Nick M.Per3 said...

for 1/13 - 1/12... what do u do if they dont share a common demonator

KatieK Per 5. said...

Nick,
13 and 12 can both go into 156 :) hope this helps

Eric X. Per. 3 TA said...

Mr. Gerson:
Today, our substitute teacher told us the Algebraic Definition of Subtraction. Do we write it down on the mnemonic page with the other properties, or do we wait until you are back?

Anonymous said...

for 66-73 do you write true or false?

Tariq M. Period 4 said...

basicly you can multiply 1/13 by 12 and 1/12 by 13 what you are doing is cross multiplying the denominator

Mr. Gerson said...

Eric, I wrote the PowerPoint presentation and put the definitions in black in the upper left corner of the board on the right side, but you can wait for me tomorrow.

Mr. Gerson said...

Anyone like my PowerPoint presentations?

sashaperiod6cmms2010 said...

Can anyone please help me with number 70 and 72?

70: m=-n then m+n is 0.

72: m - n = 0 then m = -n

Thanks to anyone who answers.

SyaraS.per5 said...

Hey Mr.Gerson !!
I liked ur presentations ! they were very colourful!!...

DaisukeHper3 said...

I think I need help for number 67-73.

sashaperiod6cmms2010 said...

Mr.Gerson, your PowerPoint was very helpful, especially since I was not there yesterday. The PowerPoint tells me what they went over in class so now I can be able to write a summary on it. Yay! Thanks!

DaisukeHper3 said...

Actualy I don't get #66.

Tariq M. Period 4 said...

sasha #70 m=-n meaning -5 or -n is = to m so m=
-5 also, which means -5+(-5)=0 which is not true it equals -10. #72 again m=-n meaning -5 or -n is = to m so m= -5 also. Then -5-(-5)=0 which is true sasha.


Hopes this helps and makes sense

KatieK Per 5. said...

The power points presentations were awesome! They helped alot and they were colorful :]

taylor h per.6 said...

i loved the sound affects on the pwer point i thought it was awesome and a great help!! thanks

Reijeanne R. Per. 6 CMMS 2010 said...

Hi Mr. Gerson,

About your comment about us liking the power point,

YES! I enjoyed them :) hahaha.
They were straight, and to the point. And the sound effects were cool-tastic.

MichelleYPer6 said...

You're power point was awesome~!
Thank you Mr.Gerson!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gerson!!
I think it goes without saying that your powerpoint presentation was quite helpful and COLORFULL!!!! (;

AmandaRPer6 said...

I love powerpoint presentations. Can you do some more for other lessons?