Today, we went over all of the properties on your table with Mr. Gerson's Favorite Picks from all of the mnemonics you shared over the last few days. We also finished the vocabulary terms for PH 1-1 through 1-4. You are practicing the distributive property today.
1. p.27 (1-29:odd)
2. Keep committing the vocabulary and properties to memory
Chapter 1 Test will be next Thursday, give or take one day.
96 comments:
Yay im the first to comment!
Congrats!
Mr. Gerson,
Uh, I'm sorry I didn't ask this in class, do we write a summary for the 6 vocabulary words today?
The summary is about what you learned today. It might be about the vocabulary, or it might be about the properties. It might be about the sample problems I did. It is about what you learned today.
anyone need help on their HW?
We have to write a summary?!?!
Mr. Gerson,
I dont get the summaries we have to write in your class, do we have to write it everyday? and where do we post the summary?
monica.... read ur syllabus...go to notes and read the last bullet point..! -Ryo
hey how do we factor? like for number 13 its 2x+4 so do we factor by sayin 2x+4=6x? or what?
u do it like this anthony... factoring 2x+4 is not 6x....this is how u do it...2x+4= 2(x+2) thats factoring
otay
do we have to write a summary?
Mr. Gerson,
So we also have to write a summary along with the text book questions?
The summaries is something we write about the notes; like what it teaches and how we benefit from it..etc...
Thanks Ryo ! :)
i dont get it... so we hve to write a summary everthday?
Only if we take notes
2x = x + x
4 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1
6x = x + x + x + x + x + x
<> means is NOT equal to
2x + 4 <> 6x because
x + x + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 <>
x + x + x + x + x + x
However, 2x + 4x = 6x
thanks mr gerson but i sort of already understood from ryo but thanks for explaining why
mr gerson
for the summary everyday what r we supposed to write
Mr. Gerson we have to write a summary on today?
Wait! We have to write a summary today right? What notes did we take?
andres
what is this summary that we have to write do u know about it
ANMSWER ME PLEASE! ;(
read the syllabus it should help u
i guess
anybody know what the summary is and what we have to write
how long does the summary need to be
and wen is it due
you write the summary on the notes you took that day.
Rachel the notes we took today wz finishing the notes we started yesterday
but we didnt take notes...unless it the definitions...or the properties?
cant someone just say yes we do or no we dont?
the definitions
the notes we took were the vocabulary, right?
or at least that's what i think.
i'm just writing a summary for the vocab words
Everyone who posted the comment "We have to write a summary?", thank you very much because I did not nitice about the summary too.
Mr. gerson do u check the summeries we wrote?
u write a summary on what u learned on that day.. how it helped... what to do when.. and all the things that benefits..etc......i have so many projects,...! :0
this is so confusing..
He does ,,... like every prgress report and quarter i think....
thx for answering my questions >o<
np
read the first comments.
how long does the summary have to be??? and when is it due???
PLEASE ANSWER!!!
answer and get prize!!!within next hr
Simplify. Give the restriction on the variable
15y squared(mini 2)-30y-45
-------------------------<-fraction
5y squared(mini 2)+10y-15 bar
This is an easy simple problem... see u in an hour :)
its due every progress report and quarter... im guessing.. he can check any time though
i couldnt make a fraction bar and exponents so... o well..
I don't really get the factor part on the homework.
How long does the summary have to be and when is it due???? :)
i think the pharagraph should be at least a pharagraph
Everyone who is asking what the summary should entail did not even read the comment I posted at 3:47 PM today. By the way, it is the FOURTH comment from the top. We covered a lot in class today.
This is for those of you asking how long a summary should be. According to your English teachers, a paragraph is approximately 5 to 7 sentences.
Anyone who is surprised about writing summaries must have been absent the second day of school.
mr. gerson do you ever take late, work or not?
i dont get the part of the homework when it says check by multiplying how do u do that like for number 25
9x+27
when is the essay due???
Mr. Gerson
for the summary can i write them in another notebook and put the day and date or does it have to be in the same notebook.
Allisan, I do not believe in collecting late work. If you are late, you are falling behind, and that is deadly in any math class.
Hosam, you have to factor first. Then, you can use the distributive property to get your original problem again.
Everyone, read my post at 5:54 PM.
Do we have a test tom.? Thanks everyone for the thing about the summary. I will go do that along with review. I did the other homework that was assigned tonight.
Allisan, which teacher assigned an essay? I don't assign essays during the first quarter.
Natasha, I think it works best if it is at the bottom of the page for each day's lesson.
ok thanks
Do we have a test tom.? Thank you Mr. Gerson for the thing about the summary. I did the homework assigned tonight. Please tell me someone did not get the factors. I did end up figuring it out, so now I am happy.
mr gerson
for the summary can i use a different notebook or do i have to put it under the notes
I get it now the summary is about what you did in class today.
just chicking in on the blog for the day. im studying really hard for the "assesment" tomorrow.
we just study/memorize the definitions and properties, right??
Don't get 13.
Please help.
I don't fully understand #17, help?
Mr. gerson. i was absent today cuz i just got a cast on. so i have no clue what you guys are talking about so could you please explain it to me please.
I see two people who are asking for help on #13 & #17. Who's going to help them?
hey Mr. Gerson ! i just finished page 27 ....!
i didn't mean essay i meant summary!
I got my question for 13 answered.
I used something called texting instead this time because nobody was answering. (x
Thanks though Mr. Gerson.
The problem with texting is only you get to learn from it.
i dont really get 13 and 17 either can some1 pleese explain it?
is the chapter 1 test on equations or the vocab???
ok i will!!!!
tim: for number 13 i looked at the notes mr gerson gave us!so the question is 2x+4 and wat i did was first find a common number for the both of them! i came up with 2 witch i put on the outside of the parthenise! then in the inside i put 1+2 beacuse they can both go into 2! then with u distribute the a!!! you should end up with something like 2(1X+2)i know that sounds confusing but thats how i did srry if it dosent help
zasha: for number 17 i used to the procdure! found a common nymber witch was 7 witch i put outside the parthinse so then i divided 14 by 7 and got 2 so i put that in the parthenise with 3> i got three from dividing 7 into 21 so it should look like 7(2x+3y) once again srry if its hard to understand!!
Good job, Taylor!
thanks mr gerson!!!!! i knew somebody would understand it!!! lol
Thanx Taylor, I understand it a bit more now!
Thank you Taylor. (:
No it helped a lot.
Mr. Gerson, I don't get what you're saying about the texting, but I think you're telling me i should'nt text for help in math.
"The problem with texting is ONLY YOU get to learn from it." That means that nobody else gets the benefit of what was in the text message.
OHHHHHHHHH!
I get i noooow.
Thank you.
I think I should post EVERY question I have from now on on the blog so EVERYBODY can benefit from it.
y isnt it using my other gmail account i changed it it still says eric instead of the proper heading??!!??!! weird right?
can my essay be bout wat i learned with my homwork
uh mr gerson how do u change the screen name?
Nikola, I think that the summary can be about anything that you learned in this lesson, including HW :)
Anthony, How I changed my display name was I went on to blogspot.com I was already signed in and on the top where it says your email it should say edituser profile and on there you can change ur display name, pic, etc. :]
Hope I helped!
Anthony, go to the algebra bulldog home page.
Then on the top, you'll see your display name(Anthony). Next to it it will say dashboard. Click on it. Then it will take you to your profile. Next to your picture(you don't have one) it'll say edit profile and a lot of other stuff in blue. Click edit profile. Then change your display name. Don't forget to put your first name, last initial, the word period, and your period number.
Hey thanks Zaha really apriecate it
I thought the test was tommrrow
uh Tim........UR REALLY LATE WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you STILL don't get the factoring, here's an example
the least common multiple between the numbers is always outside the parentheses
say for instance, 9b+3a
you do this
3 << least common multiple (a
because it is reduced to a
3(a+ 3b)
because the 9 is reduced to 3.
I Think I Changed Ma Display Namee.
Thanxx Tim(:
we have a test tomarrow?????? i thought it was next week!! x(
Post a Comment