September 11, 2009

First Week

We have finished our first week.  Thursday we went over the school rules and procedures in the agenda as required by Mr. Sheck.  Friday we handed out the course syllabus and went over it in detail.

1.  Heart is more important than talent
2.  Questions should be asked frequently
3.  Algebra is just like sports and band
        - Practice occurs at home while training occurs with the group
        - Math skills need practice just like batting or the flute
        - If you don't schedule time to practice, you aren't giving yourself 
          opportunities to be successful
4.  Written assignments require you to check your answers and attempt 
     incorrect ones again
5.  This blog is a place to discuss and help clarify things when we are 
     not in class


Bring your syllabus signature page. (Stuff in green is going to be due)


We will hand out books on Monday.  (Stuff in purple is a note or coming in the near future)

31 comments:

Priya B. said...

Mr.Gerson,
I recall you saying that one of the quickest ways of contacting you was to email you.Unfortunetly I seem to have some problems because Im not sure what the URL is.Do you mind telling me?

Mr. Gerson said...

You found the URL. That was the address to this blog. Commenting to the blog is the quickest way to get a question answered by me or someone else. I will not see my email until tomorrow morning.

Priya B. said...

Ok cool thanks for helping clear that up for me

Joseph C. Per 2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i made a gmail mr gerson and i dont know if im doing this right

Anonymous said...

i did it mr gerson i made a gmail

PriyaBper3 said...

I did my homework!!!! :}

SoohyungLPer6CMMS2010 said...

Mr. Gerson,
I was wondering how often you check your email daily.
Thanks for taking the time to set this site up for us.

SoohyungLPer6CMMS2010 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marinenper2 said...

I did it Mr. Gerson.

SoohyungLPer6CMMS2010 said...

Oh, and I changed my display name to your preferences.

Anonymous said...

I made a g mail account

JonathanF.per3 said...

... ... ... i did it... ... ... *throws confetti*

Norma W Per 3 said...

did it mr gerson

JonathanF.per3 said...

I did it... ... ...

Unknown said...

I think I did it.

ErikaT per2

JonathanF.per3 said...

i did it... ... ...

Anonymous said...

first

sameri per.6 said...

HELLO!!

Anonymous said...

kewl finally i did it XD XD XD

Anonymous said...

i did the gmail mr. Gerson

Anonymous said...

Watsup:]] I Did My HomeWork !!

Anonymous said...

I did it Mr. Gerson !!!

AzumiSPer3

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gerson,

I created a gmail account tonight.

Anonymous said...

I did it Mr. Gerson !!!

AzumiSPer3

Anonymous said...

I did it mr gerson !!!

AzumiSPer3

DaisukeHper3 said...

Mr. I did post my comment about my homework yesterday. Was it sent?

KatieK Per 5. said...

Mr.Gerson, I'm having some trouble with today's worksheet. I can't find a couple properties on the back of the page in the book. I looked in the Index and it doesn't seem to show anything about where I can find them. Do you mind telling me where I could?

AshleySper6 said...

i made my blogg (:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Gerson,
I can't find a few properties can you help me