numerical expression
algebraic expression
substitution
evaluate
natural numbers
whole numbers
integers
rational numbers
real numbers
grouping symbols
order of operations
equivalent expressions
additive identity
multiplicative identity
factor
simplest form
counterexample
power
exponent
base
exponential notation
expanded form
standard notation
p.47 (1-13:odd, 23-37:odd)
How are you going to study your vocabulary? Flashcards?
71 comments:
um......mr. gerson, when is the vocabulary "assement" going to be???
The vocabulary (and properties) I have given you will not appear on a single assessment but multiple assessments. The first will be this Friday.
oh ok thanks mr.gerson!!!!
do we need to know just the vocab. or is there going to be problems that we need to figure out by using the vocab.
I will not ask you for the definition of simplest form but rather ask you to put your answer in simplest form.
Mr. Gerson
I don't recall you ever mentioning
that we had homework today
and do we need to find the
definitions?? Also you never checked our hw.
do we have to do the vocabulary at home for homework tonight?
Your homework is always posted in green on the whiteboard as well as on the blog. It was up there this morning as it has been each morning. I checked everyone's mnemonics except second period because you were in the computer lab testing something else for everyone.
You have my definitions and explanations, but you are welcome to incorporate the book's definitions as well. Ultimately, it is your choice.
k thanks for telling me about the hw =)
i just realized i should have posted a comment here.
because its about the homework(:
but i forgot my book at school.
is there a website for the book?
checking if my name changed sorry if i commented twice
Mr. Gerson, do you collect hw or check it?
If you check it, do you want us to do it in our graph paper(where I take notes) oh is that or desicion?
Dakota, not that I am aware of.
Tim, I collect some assignments but most are just checked. Yes, it is your decision.
Thank you.
hey mr gerson do you want us to write the problem for the homework?
Do you have to write a summary for our notes? If we do, is it due tomorrow?
Anthony, the problem is the bun on top and the answer is the bun on the bottom. Make sure not to forget all of the meat in the middle too.
Eric: yes. no. I will not have time to check your summaries everyday. I will do random checks.
so there is no way i could do my home work tonight?
Dakota, Robert, the night custodian, is still here at school or call a friend to read the problems to you are two ideas that I have right off the top of my head.
ok thanks
Mr. Gerson, i read your comment about the "hamburger" theory.
Which was funny by the way. (:
What is YOUR definition of the meat?
Is that the work?
ohhhh
okay srry i didnt notice
thank you for letting me know (:
oh1 and also is the test this friday based on the vocab????
ok guys i finished the hw, its easy but if anyone needs any help comment and ill answer
Yes Tim, the meat is your work.
will we need all the definitions by 2morrow??? or by the "assement"????
Do we have to write a summery about our notes.
Thanks Trent. (x
Mr. Gerson, I could not find the definition “expanded form” in the book. Should I find it from the dictionary?
i can't figuer out how to change my name
So do we need to finish all the definitions for our hw?
THE TEST ON FRIDAY IS ON VOCAB AND EQUATIONS RIGHT?????
Does anyone have a really effective way to study for the assessment, besides flashcards???
is there going to be a test on friday or just an assessment?
Hey mr gerson are the flashcards hw that are due tommorrow or no?
Sean, read Mr. Gerson's third comment.
Test and assesment is the same thing no?
Zaha, how about mnemonics? (x
How do you do numbers25-29 for hw
Can anyone help me with number 13 on the hw?
Tim: Yes, the beef is the work. The YouTube video is for you.
hahahaha. :D
I watched the video Mr. Gerson.
It is hilarious.
Thank you.
That's my new mnemonic to always remind me to show my work.
Thanks again.
Maddi, for 25-29, you just Substitute the variables with the number given for the variables.
For example, 25, y3 for y=4.
Use 4 for the y.
Soo..
4 to the third power.
An then do the math.
And don't forget to have a lot of meat. Haha.
We didn't finish all of the vocabulary in class. Will we finish them in class tomorrow?
Mr. Gerson,
I will most likely study with flash cards..and try to memorize the mmneumonics. This comment might be kind of irrelevant, but I wanted to make sure that you knew I was checking the blog daily :)
See you tommorow!!
-Reijeanne R. Period 6
jays guinea pigs are awesome...if anyone needs help write comments! *_*
ALso, Mr.gerason ...do u write summaries for vacabs? respond plz
so we have to finish the the rest of the vocab?
Told you guys in class that I would pick up where we left off. I have already touched upon everything that will be assessed on Friday.
mr.gerson,
is the definition on our properties worksheet hw?
and also,how do we write a summary on our vocabulary?
do we write summaries on our vacabs????? plz respond fast..
Thank you Mr.Gerson.
hey Mr. Gerson !!
I just kind of practiced a couple of exercises in the book from 1-1...!
We'll find out where we are weak in the first half of chapter 1 when everyone has their completed assignments for tomorrow.
By the way, I am not answering stuff I said in class. I am waiting for someone else to answer those questions.
Thank God for this website,
I almost didn't do the homework!
ha ha Soo Hyung
mr. gerson are we going to turn in the paper you checked today?
Grant i don't think so Mr. Gerson said in the 13th blog down to Tim that sometines he would check it and sometimes he would collect it so i don't think he would collect the paper.
I don't think we are supposed to write a summary right?? Thanx Tim!
mr gerson,
i saw your answer to erics question about the summaries.
if your not checking everyday,will you be collecting it all at the end of the year?
what does it mean by simlify on 9
mr gerson
how are we supposed to do the thing to our email that you told us about that we had to do at our house. is it required. one more thing, where you posted the pages under the vocabulary words is that our homework
that's the homework.
we have to write a summary?????
were do you find expanded form
Grant I think u ment simplify, and it means to just solve the problem/ find the solution.
you can find it on the homework yoou had to do yesterday Madison
allisan no i don't think we have to write a summery
thanks tim, but I kinda allready got it I just wasn't really thinking
wear i don't see it, front or back
sorry i wz reading something else
i hope this helps madison.....
Expanded Form is a way to break up a number to show how much each digit in the number represents. In other words, expanded form is the method of pulling a number apart and expressing it as a sum of the values of each digit
oh!!!!! expanded form is uh...
For example 891 in expanded form is 800+90+1
Post a Comment