Hi, I am going to study for the next upcoming test. I would have gotten a much better score if i knew not to try to write the answer out for numbers 12 and 13. Well, have to go do homework.
I was wondering if you wanted our display names to include CMMS..because I noticed that that's how others did it. And also, apologies if you mentioned that in class...I just never remember hearing that.
Mr.Gerson, I do not know how to do the problem in page39 "Reasoning Strategies". I think I know how to do the problem but did we wrote this in the note.
Here is how to solve the problem on pg 39, number 3.
To solve:
1. Get out a piece of graph paper.
2. Then draw a diagram that is six by three.
3. Now, go back and look at the problem. It says that the booster rocket section is half the size of the whole rocket. The whole rocket is 180 ft.
4. You must divide your diagram in half. Then do 180 divided by 2 to get the number of ft the booster rocket section is.
--- --- --- --- --- ---
5. Now go back to the description of the problem. It says that the cargo and navigation(top)section is one sixth the size of the booster rocket section. So go to the section of your diagram that is not occupied by the booster and cut it into a section that is one by three. - ------ - ------ - ------
on the left is the section you take from the whole diagram.
6. The booster rocket section is half the size of the whole rocket. that means that you must This means that the 6 in 1/6 and multiply it by two because the 1/6 is for half the rocket, not all of it.
6.Now take the new fraction and multiply it by 180.
Looks like: new fraction multiplied by 180 --- 1 7. Now that you have your booster section (bottom section) and cargo and navigation section (top section), and know what they are in number of ft, add them together.
8. Now we can now do 180 - (-= subtraction sign) what the total of the two sections we have just added in step seven.
So looks like: 180 - two sections we added = the fuel tank section.
Also, in the diagram, the third section is formed when we draw the line for the space of the booster rocket section and the space for the cargo and navigation section.
Hope that helps. If not I am sorry. The problem is very mean for being confusing, if it still is confusing. Yay for anyone I helped though.
1. Get out a piece of graph paper, or continue to use the one you have out right now. 2. Draw a diagram. The size of it does not matter. 3. Now draw a mountain that is underwater in it. Make sure the bottom o your mountain touches the bottom of your diagram 4. Put different symbols on the top of the your diagram, the tip of your mountain, and the bottom of your mountain.
5. Now draw a line from the top of your mountain to top of diagram.
6. Then do the same for the bottom of the mountain.
7. Next, look back at the description of your problem. The top of the mountain to the surface of ocean, (the top of diagram),is 8,700 ft and the bottom of it to the surface of water is 14,250 ft.
8. Subtract 8,700 ft from 14,250 ft to get your answer.
Hope that helped. Sorry if it didn't. If it did help, than yay!
27 comments:
Hey Mr. Gerson !! I am the first on !!...
When is the test?
Homework! Right on!
why does it matter if your the first one?
hey guys i finally made a blog so check it out!! its Whats New(the other one i messed up on) thanks
Can anyone help me with number three on page 39? I dont really know how exactly to draw the diagram.
Hey Mr.Gerson do we write down the problems for 29 and 33 because those are kinda like word problems?
Hi, I am going to study for the next upcoming test. I would have gotten a much better score if i knew not to try to write the answer out for numbers 12 and 13. Well, have to go do homework.
Mr. Gerson,
I was wondering if you wanted our display names to include CMMS..because I noticed that that's how others did it. And also, apologies if you mentioned that in class...I just never remember hearing that.
Thanks! [:
-Reijeanne R. Period 6
Can anyone help me draw the diagram on page 39, number 1?
well..being the FIRST ONE matters to me !
Mr.Gerson, I do not know how to do the problem in page39 "Reasoning Strategies". I think I know how to do the problem but did we wrote this in the note.
can someone plese help me with number 1 on page 39!! i dont really get how to do it
do we have write out numbers 29 and 33???
they are like word problems!!!
wait we have to draw out the diagrams on page 39????
I finally made an account!!!!
Here is how to solve the problem on pg 39, number 3.
To solve:
1. Get out a piece of graph paper.
2. Then draw a diagram that is six by three.
3. Now, go back and look at the problem. It says that the booster rocket section is half the size of the whole rocket. The whole rocket is 180 ft.
4. You must divide your diagram in half. Then do 180 divided by 2 to get the number of ft the booster rocket section is.
--- ---
--- ---
--- ---
5. Now go back to the description of the problem. It says that the cargo and navigation(top)section is one sixth the size of the booster rocket section. So go to the section of your diagram that is not occupied by the booster and cut it into a section that is one by three.
- ------
- ------
- ------
on the left is the section you take from the whole diagram.
6. The booster rocket section is half the size of the whole rocket. that means that you must This means that the 6 in 1/6 and multiply it by two because the 1/6 is for half the rocket, not all of it.
6.Now take the new fraction and multiply it by 180.
Looks like:
new fraction multiplied by 180
---
1
7. Now that you have your booster section (bottom section) and cargo and navigation section (top section), and know what they are in number of ft, add them together.
8. Now we can now do 180 - (-= subtraction sign) what the total of the two sections we have just added in step seven.
So looks like:
180 - two sections we added = the fuel tank section.
Also, in the diagram, the third section is formed when we draw the line for the space of the booster rocket section and the space for the cargo and navigation section.
Hope that helps. If not I am sorry. The problem is very mean for being confusing, if it still is confusing. Yay for anyone I helped though.
Here is how to solve number one on pg 39.
To solve:
1. Get out a piece of graph paper, or continue to use the one you have out right now.
2. Draw a diagram. The size of it does not matter.
3. Now draw a mountain that is underwater in it. Make sure the bottom o your mountain touches the bottom of your diagram
4. Put different symbols on the top of the your diagram, the tip of your mountain, and the bottom of your mountain.
5. Now draw a line from the top of your mountain to top of diagram.
6. Then do the same for the bottom of the mountain.
7. Next, look back at the description of your problem. The top of the mountain to the surface of ocean, (the top of diagram),is 8,700 ft and the bottom of it to the surface of water is 14,250 ft.
8. Subtract 8,700 ft from 14,250 ft to get your answer.
Hope that helped. Sorry if it didn't. If it did help, than yay!
do we have to use graph paper?
do we wright out the whole word problemss??????
thanks sasha.
Thanx Sasha that really helped! :)
Thanks Sasha.
Sasha why did you subtract?
Thanx Sasha, but do we write out the word problem?
Hey Do We Have Homework Tonight ?
:]
Is The Test On Everything In Chapter 1 ?
Post a Comment