October 24, 2008

Chapter 3 Test and the Clickers

It worked! We were able to use the clickers to take different forms of the test. I was limited to only 2 forms per class, but we were able to do it. Everyone could scroll down to see their scores at the end of the test, and I can see which problems were the most missed and the most incorrect answer given. It will make it easier when we go through the tests. For example, when I look at a specific question on a specific form in periods 1 - 3, I see 38 students with the correct answer, and 13 students that made the same incorrect answer. No other incorrect answers were given. Everyone who made a mistake, made the same mistake. Now we get to look at why.

Have a good weekend.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mr gerson
i was wondering for study island i just did #8 absolute value and got 100% and i wanted to see if the games worked and it wont let me play because it says i have a 75.5% but i only did it once and got 100% so im confused i also wanted to know if we have to do the high score list thing again
thanks
jackie m
period 5

Anonymous said...

The test was really easy. Are the tests going to get harder?

Saloni B.
Period 1

Mr. Gerson said...

Jackie, games are based on subject (e.g. algebra) percentage not topic (e.g. absolute value) percentage. I thought it worked the way you were describing at first, but then I learned different by sending a message to a Study Island representative. That is why I keep telling students who say they should be on a high score table to ask a Study Island representative. I made multiple recommendations to Study Island after my experiences last year. We have already found another suggestion for this year. That is to make the percentages by topic rather than subject.

Anonymous said...

Mr Gerson
i had trouble with the longer more complicated word problems because i found them confusing - can you review the word problem part again.
Anthony V
Period 2

Unknown said...

Mr. Gerson, where on study island does it say my overall percentage?

Brett S.
per.4

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the test was kinda easy. Using the clickers for the test was pretty cool! Thanks Mr. Gerson!

kylie a.
per. 3

Anonymous said...

so we dont have any homework? and the test was super easy


Hyun P. per.6

Anonymous said...

Mr Gerson will you please show us our scores again because i did not have time to see my score. I would love to see it and tell my tutor what my score was

Thanks
Lena M
Per 1

Anonymous said...

Mr Gerson
I need help with absolute value - I don't understand how to solve the different equations. I started the test and stopped because I need to understand it better.
Anthony V
Period 2

Mr. Gerson said...

Anthony, when you get the absolute value by itself on the left side of the equation like
|x| =

|x + 2| =

then you get to take it away and make the other side of the equation + or -.

|x| = 1 then x = +1 or -1

|x + 2| = 4 then x = +2 or -6 (after adding -2 to both sides)

You need 2 answers every time.

Mr. Gerson said...

Brett, I do not see it anywhere. We have yet another suggestion for improvement to make to Study Island. I still think the 80% needs to be by topic though.

Anonymous said...

did u collect our stamp sheets? i still hav them...

Hyun P. per.6

Nick said...

Oops!
Mr.Gerson,
I forgot to say "Yes" when you said my name fifth period. I don't know my score now. Can you tell me tomorrow?

Nick H.
Period 5

Anonymous said...

The test was hard Mr. Gerson =P
Anyway, today's homework was easy and I really liked the way you explained.

Yay!

Tim M.
Per 6