We introduced the addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division properties of equality as well as the symmetric property of equality. We discussed and used properties for additive inverses (opposites) and multiplicative inverses (reciprocals). We also used the identity properties. I demonstrated the following virtual manipulatives.
p.116 (1-13:odd) and p.122 (1-33:odd)
Tomorrow you will work with the same type of virtual manipulatives program but with negatives.
Today's Summaries: Matt R. (Per. 1), Haden O. (Per. 2), Shiloh S. (Per. 3), Morgan C. (Per. 4), Linling W. (Per. 5), & Megan N. (Per. 6).
20 comments:
Hi Mr. Gerson,
I looked on the study island and I don't think you added me on your list yet. I just got into your class on Thursday, so if you can please add me so I can complete the assignment! Thanks so much!
Danielle H. (Per.3)
The homework was really easy, and so was the virtual manipulative thing.
Will we get our test back tomorrow?
Saloni B.
Period 1
hey any body know the equation for 29
Chris Z
Per 5
i dont understand how to do the vitual minipulative thing cuz evry time i hit continue it says i cant go on
For number 29, 6.3x= 44.1, you have to multiply the reciprocal of 6.3 to both sides. You'd have 1/6.3. Now you'll have 1/6.3(6.3x)= 1/6.3(44.1)
Then you get 1x= answer, and last is x= answer.
Saloni B.
Period 1
do we have to do the virtual manipulates thing?
Hannah P.
Per.5
Hi Mr. Gerson,
can u please explain to me how to solve #23 on the homework assighment?
-m/3 = 1/5
Hannah White
Period 6
hi Mr. Gerson... I forgot to tell you that I'm not going to be at school tomorrow because of Yom Kippur. Sorry. :)
Brett S.
per. 4
Per 2 summary:
Today we used properties of equalities, and the symmetric property of equality(a=b, b=a). There is no equality for subtraction or divison because you can convert subtraction to addition and division to multiplication to make it commuitive and assoitive properties. We practiced problems in class so if you weren't do a couple of practice problems.
Summary:
Today we re-learned how to solve equations the Mr. Gerson way. We now know how to take the reciprocal of a number and multiply it by itself to get the variable alone. This way is much easier than dividing. We also now know all of the properties that we use while solving equtions, such as the identity property, additive inverse, and multiplicative inverse.
Shiloh S. Per 3 :)
The homework was easy and I finished it in class, and are we going to get our tests back anytime soon?
Forrest P
Per 5
Hannah, -m/3=1/5 is just telling you -m(1/3)=1/5 or m(-1/3)=1/5
multiply the reciprocal to each side like this:
-3(-m/3)=-3(1/5)
1m =-3/5
m =-3/5
Saloni B.
Period 1
Here you go Hannah:
Hint
-1/3m=-m/3
-m/3=1/5 3=3(5/5)=15/5
-3(-m/3)=-3(1/5)
1m=-15/25
m=-15/25
m=-3/5
Austin C.
Per.2
that explains my question thanks
Chris Z
Per 5
Mr.Gerson,
I know i should know this by now but what percentage do we need to get on study island to get full credit?
Zoya A.
Per.3
You have to do 10 problems and get at least 61 percent.
Saloni B.
Period 1
Today we went over or learned the properties of equality. We also went over the symmetric property of equality which i thought was pretty easy {a=b} {b=a}. Also I figured out that each problem shows four properties. Some of the properties used in these equations were additive inverse and multiplicative inverse.
Megan N. {Per.6} {summary}
Example
x+8=9
x+8-8=9-8 bouth side -8
x=1
the ansure is 1
Exanple2
36x=72
36x/36=72/36 minipulative36bouth side
x=2
linling wang
(per 5)
Todays lesson was extremely easy for me. The Online Program made it much more easier as well. I get it completely the way mr gerson explained it in class.
it shows you new ways to solve equations
morgan c.
period 4
{summary}
This post is so old I cant believe that you havent erased them yet. Ps dont erase my amazing summary.
Post a Comment