Remember to identify/label your unknowns!!!
4) There are 12 more history books than science books.
s = number of science books
s + 12 = number of history books
13) the sum of an even integer, 1/2 of the next even integer, and 1/4 of the following even integer.
n = even integer
n + 2 = next even integer
n + 4 = following even integer
n + 1/2 (n+2) + 1/4 (n + 4)
13) the sum of an even integer, 1/2 of the next even integer, and 1/4 of the following even integer.
n = even integer
n + 2 = next even integer
n + 4 = following even integer
n + 1/2 (n+2) + 1/4 (n + 4)
p.160 (4-40:multiples of 4)
Summaries: None
Summaries: None
25 comments:
Mr. Gerson do we solve for all of them since the directions tell us to just write an expression
can someone please help me w/# 16.. I already have the unknowns but i dont know what to do after i have that solved.
Erica M.
Period 2
Number 12, is the number we start out with an odd or even, because i can't answer the question with out know that. Unless we're suppose to write both answers down.
-Zoya A.
#12 does not talk about odds or evens.
Try underlining and circling in #16. If you have the unknown labeled, then it is easy to show a sum.
Chris, you can only solve EQUATIONS. EXPRESSIONS can only be evaluated or simplified.
thx that helped.
Erica M
Period 2
Mr. Gerson I've finally been getting high scores on the study island games, but when I look at the high score tables, it says that the scores for our school are currently unavaliable, so I can't see my score. I've also gotten higher scores than the state wide people but it won't put me up there!!! I don't know what to do.
Shiloh S. Per. 3
Ooops! Sorry, i was looking at the wrong equation. Never mind.
-Zoya A.
can someone help me with #28, i dont understand where to start, and then from there where to go.
mmicaela tom
period 1
How come there are no summaries today?
Does that mean that we don't write a summary for today's lesson?
I have the answer to number 16 but I don't know how to show how I got it.
Dahnby J.
Per. 2
The same thing happened to me in the slingshot game, it wouldn't put me on the high score table but I know I was making high enough scores.
Lauren C.
Period 2
Dahnby,
n=a number
1/3=1/3 of a number
1/3n+n=48
1 1/3n =48
4/3n =48
3/4 (4/3n)=3/4 (48)
1n =36
n =36
kylie a.
per. 3
hi Mr.Gerson.
:]
the homework was easy exept for the problem about
I=PRT.
can you please go over it in class tommorrow.
thank<33
~NATALIE W.
PER.1
mr gerson
i dont understand problem number 36.
please go over it in class.
thank you
morgan c
period 4
I still don't understand why 1/3n+n=48 becomes 1 1/3n=48...
Wouldn't n+n=2n?
Is there a property to justify this step?
Maybe then I can understand it better...
Dahnby J.
Per. 2
Can someone please explain how to do number 28. I looked back at my notes but i still don't understand how to do it.
Zoya A.
Shiloh, send a message to the people at StudyIsland and see what they say.
Dahnby, n + 1/3 n is NOT equal to n + n. n + 1/3 n = 3/3 n + 1/3 n. 3/3 + 1/3 = 4/3. 4/3 is NOT equal to 2.
Oh~!
Thank you Mr. Gerson!!!
Wow, I'm going mental from the stress... Oh well. XD
i don't get how you do #36, how do you get the length and width!
Can somebody help me please!
Linda L.
Per.2
The NASA pic of Enchanting Saturn is beautiful.
kylie a.
per. 3
I don't understand how to write an equation for # 24. can someone help me??!
Brett S.
per.4
Linda,
length-L
width-3/4L
Perimeter = 50
length-L+2
width-3/4L+2
2[(L+2)+(3/4L+2)] = 50
Regular
2(L+3/4L)=42
2L+3/2L =42
7/2L =42
2/7 (7/2L)=2/7(42)
1L =12
L=12
Length-12cm
Width-9cm
kylie a.
per. 3
Linda,
length-L
width-3/4L
Perimeter = 50
length-L+2
width-3/4L+2
2[(L+2)+(3/4L+2)] = 50
Regular
2(L+3/4L)=42
2L+3/2L =42
7/2L =42
2/7 (7/2L)=2/7(42)
1L =12
L=12
Length-12cm
Width-9cm
kylie a.
per. 3
Post a Comment