October 2, 2008

Writing Equations (5.0)

Test tomorrow. You can use the Chapter 2 Sample Test on eTUSD and the Chapter Wrap-Up in the textbook to help you prepare.

p. 101 (13-23:odd)

Summaries: None today.

I will not be in class tomorrow, so I will not be blogging again until next Tuesday.

Reminder: StudyIsland due Friday.

Monday is a student free day.

59 comments:

HADEN OLI said...

Mr.Gerson the database for the etusd website is down what shall we do wait for it to come back up help?

HADEN OLI said...

Mr.Gerson the database for the etusd website is down what shall we do wait for it to come back up help?

Nick said...

THE ETUSD IS BROKEN DOWN!!! I can't do the pre-test

~Nick H.~
~Period 5.~

~Erica M. said...

hey hayden-
whats the link to the etusd thing?
can u cut and paste the web adress?
or you as well mr. gerson or anyone else!!

Erica M.
Period 2

~Erica M. said...

its not working on my comp either!!! whats up with it?

Erica M.

Period 2

Kumarage D said...

Mr.Gerson, is our homework Pg.101 and the Chapter wrap-up or just Pg.101
Kumarage D
Period 5
10/2/08

Anonymous said...

Oh, no- the same thing is happening to me. What do we do?
-Saloni B.
Period 1

Mr. Gerson said...

We can all see that the site is down with a database error. I have made a phone call to see if they know how long it will be down. Just keep on checking. I'll let you know if I learn anything about it.

DK, what is due tomorrow is always posted in green.

Anonymous said...

Our homework is page 101, and the chapter wrap- up is our study guide.
Saloni B.
Period 1

Anonymous said...

Kumarage, the homework is just page 101. The chapter wrap-up is just for extra studying, you don't have to turn it in tomorrow.

Yah, something is wrong with the etusd website. It won't work on my computer either.


kylie a.
per. 3

Anonymous said...

Oh and Mr. Gerson, before I forget. Tell Aurora I said
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

(even though she doesn't even know me)
I remembered because it's my birthday too tomorrow!


kylie a.
per. 3

Anonymous said...

hey mr.gerson my username and password is not working can you give me it again I tried to type in many different ways and it still does not work.


Ruben R.
Period 6

James said...

WOOHOO!! Happy birthday Aurora!!1 (Tomorrow) I can't believe it she is already 1!!!! That year went bye CRAZY FAST!!! Too bad the site is down... Wish I could use that to study...

James B.
Period 2

Anonymous said...

mr gerson

its not working

jackie m
period 5
10/2/08

Anonymous said...

yah its not working for me =(
i hope it works cause it really helps me =(
- noemi c.

Mr. Gerson said...

I was told that they are trying to reboot the server.

The Chapter Wrap-Up is the best way to study. You have all of the answers, and it will give you most of the types of questions you will see on the test. I also gave you two hints in class (i.e. number line and properties).

Potato Man said...

Hi, my message that I was going to send is already anwered. Yay!

Austin C.
Per. 2

Potato Man said...

Just to tell you, there is a Study Island due TOMMOROW!

Austin C.
Per. 2

Anonymous said...

mr gerson, if we don't do the etusd thing because it doesnt work, or if it starts to work when the time thingy ends, do we get points off?

Hannah P.
Per.5

Anonymous said...

so we can just study the wrap up since the site is down?

-Shivani S.
Period 4

flippyboy321 said...

mr. gerson i just tried to go to etusd and now it won't even pull up the server that says it is down the page just says there is no such website will i be able to do the practice test before tomorrow?

Chase R.
Per. 1

Anonymous said...

Aurora's birthday is tomorrow. Happy birthday Aurora!!!

Saloni B.
Period 1

Mr. Gerson said...

Chase, try reading the blog before you actually post a comment that everyone has been talking about for 2 1/2 hours. Thanks.

Mr. Gerson said...

Aurora should be home any minute. I will share all of your birthday wishes with her. I know she'll give a big smile and a princess wave.

Anonymous said...

Hannah,I don't think we'll get points taken off because the pretest is just to help us.
Shivani,just use the wrap- up to help you because the site is down right now.
Saloni B.
Period 1

Anonymous said...

omg happy birthday aurora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Shivani S.
Period 4

Anonymous said...

I just got etusd to work.

Emma H.
per 1

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st birthday tomorrow Aurora!


Alex R.
Period 5

Dahnby J. Period 2 said...

Do we have a specific number of questions we have to do on studyisland or a percentage???

Dahnby J.
Per. 2

Anonymous said...

mr.Gerson, the quiz is weird, I got 5 wrong, but the grade says that I got 7 wrong.


Woongbae L.

Mr. Gerson said...

I'm glad to see several of you are taking the sample test right now, and others have already finished, even with 100%.

Potato Man said...

Ruben, I had the same issue. Your username for the blog is your email, but not your email Password. For yor password you enter your password that you made when you made the acoynt

EX:(not real)

Email Account:
Username: fileperson23@yahoo.com
Password: saddder

Bloger Account:
Name of Blogger:TomatoLover10
Username: fileperson23@yahoo.com*
Password: happyer
* Dont froget to put "yahoo.com" at the end

Austin C.
Per. 2

~Erica M. said...

hey mr. gerson guess what??!?!? tomorrows my bday too! whooo! tell aurora i say happy bday as well!

Erica M.

Period 2!!!

flippyboy321 said...

Mr. Gerson,

on the pretest why does -(8) = 1/8 also on the test are we going to have to put for the reciporacle question on the test(for example) 15/3 or 5

Chase R.
Per. 1

Anonymous said...

how do u get the ttime limit to the side?

Hyun P. per.6

Anonymous said...

That pretest really will help. I wasn't sure whether to make one of the problems a mixed number, and so at first I was just going to a fraction but I changed my mind.
Now I know that on the test- Don't make them mixed numbers!
Saloni B.
Period 1

Anonymous said...

Dahnby, on studyisland- it says you have to do at least 10.
Saloni B.
Period 1

Anonymous said...

can anyone tell me how to change 4.4 to fraction?

Hyun Pak per.6

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AURORA!

Hannah p.
Per.5

Anonymous said...

i need help on number 15. what are you supposed to do with the area?

kellie f.
period 2

Anonymous said...

ugh...this is stupid...It marked me down for putting a space between my +'s and my numbers...example

-2x - 2

I was supposed to put in

-2x-2

because of that it marked me wrong :/

Shreyas T.

P.2

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gerson, thank you for the Chapter 2 pre-test!!
It will surely help me on the Chapter 2 test!

Thank you so much, and...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AURORA~^0^!!

Manami K.
Per.2

Anonymous said...

heyy mr. gerson..
is there anyway u can tell me my student id number..
i dont remmeber it and i cant find my schedule...

-kylie c.
per. 1

Mr. Gerson said...

Shreyas, I typed both of the expressions you wrote into the computer, so they would both be accepted.

Mr. Gerson said...

Kylie, check your email.

Potato Man said...

To change 4.4 to a fraction, you split up the whole number and the decimal.
1)4+0.4
Then you change each of them to a fraction.
2)4=40/10 and 0.4=4/10
Now you add
3)40/10+4/10=44/10

Austin C.
Per. 2

Mr. Gerson said...

Make sure you submit your answers once you are done with the sample test. Some of you are not seeing your final scores.

Potato Man said...

Should I have my email pop up on my "public" info so you can email stuff to me?

Austin C.
Per. 2

Dahnby J. Period 2 said...

Hyun,

It's so late so I don't know if this will get posted in time for you to read this, but I will answer it anyway.

4.4 = 4 4/10
=4*10+4
=44/10
=22/5

Dahnby J.
Per. 2

Anonymous said...

the pretest was weird this time i didnt like it for the next pre test you have can it be like the first time please.

Lena M.
Oh by the way happy 1st birthday to Aurora:)

Dahnby J. Period 2 said...

Austin,

When you answer someone's question, make sure you are absolutely positive about the answer!!!
You did everything right, but you forgot to put the fraction in simplist form!!! ^^
22/5

Dahnby J.
Per. 2

Dahnby J. Period 2 said...

Mr. Gerson,
I have a question.
Will you count this answer wrong if it is written as 6x+2y+(-1) instead of 6x+2y-1???
I kept getting that question wrong on the pretest and I didn't understand it...

Dahnby J.
Per. 2

Anonymous said...

Ohh.... THANKS AUSTIN!

Hyun P. per.6

Anonymous said...

hyun you find out what to put as denomenator by the #'s after the decimal. if its in the tenth place, then 10. hundreth place, 100and so on. 4.4 is in tenth place, so you put 10 as denomenator and 4.4 as numerator without decimal.

Hannah P
Per.5

ZornRockman said...

Mr. Gerson Tell Aurora i said happy birthday tommorow and say hi.
The sample test was really easy there were two questions i just made stupid mistakes on but hopefully i will remember them tommorow. Thank you for putting the sample test on



Chris Z
Period 5

Anonymous said...

After checking my answer, I found out what was wrong...I put -2x-1 instead of -2...silly mistake...but...one thing that isn't my fault is this glitch.

At the answers screen, it said 19/20 correct. When I logged in this morning, it said 16/20...WHAT!?!?I didn't miss 4 problems...I had checked them the last night. The top of the screen clearly said 19/20. I am 100 percent sure of it. I remember going down the answers sheet and seeing what I got wrong...It was only that one. What happened Mr.Gerson?

Shreyas T.
P.2

Mr. Gerson said...

Shreyas, you saved your answers at 7:59, and then proceeded to change your answers and close & grade at 8:13. I can even see some of the answers you tried first. Changing the answers on the test does not change your grade. Your first submission is what is scored.

Potato Man said...

Sorry for my mistake!

Austin C,
Per. 2

Smashbrosboy said...

Oh...So that's why...I guess I won't speed through it next time...I thought the save meant that I got to keep the answers and wait...Oh well...Next time, I'll make sure that I don't skim right through.

Shreyas T.
P.2