October 17, 2008

Proportions (CA SS 5.0) - Solving

Today we discussed what a proportion is and 3 different methods of solving a proportion. We also passed out raffle tickets for last month's good behavior. Sorry, I forgot period 1. We will pass them out Monday and hold the drawing.

p.150 (1-20)

Next class we will setup proportions from different types of word problems.

Summaries: Bailey A. (Per. 1), Lauren C. (Per. 2), Jessica R. (Per. 3), Kayla S. (Per. 4), Paolo G. (Per. 5), Jay K. (Per. 6)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The homework was super easy, it took me 5 seconds!!!


kylie a.
per. 3

Potato Man said...

Did you post the new Studyisland?

Austin c.
Per.2

Anonymous said...

Is the new studyisland the same thing as you said before, that you made the requirements different? I didn't do anything and mine was already complete.
The homework was so easy!
Mr. Gerson, I know the password but would you please explain where to go. When I go to the mathcounts site, it wants a username. I also tried the eTUSD, but there's nothing about mathcounts there.
Saloni B.
Period 1

Anonymous said...

mr gerson, in studyisland, assignment 7, it's already complete, and i didn't even do anything. is it the same thing as assignment 6?

hAnNaH P.
pEr.5

Mr. Gerson said...

About StudyIsland:

You guys need to actually click on the details of the assignment and read it.

MichaelS1 said...

Mr. Gerson,on studyisland it says assignment is due on october 11th when todays the 18! does this mean the studyisland isnt posted yet becuase mine said assignment 6 and 7 were both the same.

Michael S.
Per. 1

~Erica M. said...

so the studyisland says for us to print it out...
... i assume that we are supposed to and turn it in???

Erica M.

Period 2

Anonymous said...

On the studyisland assignment, I got on the both high score tables and it did post it, but every time I finished a game, it said there was some error. I guess it's okay because my score was still there.
Saloni B.
Period 1

*dreamstar* said...

Does anyone know what percent you need to get on study island to appear on the high scores list? Right now I have a 90.5% and I guess that's not enough because I can't find the high score list... where is it?

Shiloh S. Per. 3

Anonymous said...

Can you use the third grader way for the first few problems?

Austin C.
Per. 2

Potato Man said...

To late, already finished it. It took like 10 min. So whats tommorows homework? I wont be at school tommorow, and I would like to do it today.

Austin C.
Per. 2

Anonymous said...

i want to print my score out right now, but i dont know where to find the highscores

Hyun Park per.6

~Erica M. said...

Same for me Shiloh and Saloni. It didnt work on my comp. and i recieved an 84% so ... somethings wrong..

Erica M.

Period 2

Anonymous said...

I think you have to play one of the games. That's what I did.

Saloni B.
Period 1

Mr. Gerson said...

Yes. Saloni is right. To get on a high-scorers table, you need to first have a score. The only way to get a score is to play a game.

Once you scored 80% (last week's assignments) the games opened up. Pick one to play and get Calle's name up there.