October 20, 2008

Proportions (CA SS 5.0) - Setup and Solve

Winners of the raffle:

Choice of Dodger poster or $23 discount coupon to Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt:

  Michael S. (Per.1)
  Ashlee K. (Per. 2)
  Mandi J. (Per. 3)
  Michael P. (Per. 4)
  Ashley B. (Per. 5)
  Shota S. (Per. 6)

Choice of bag pack (USC Viterbi School of Engineering) or discount coupons:
  Andy H. (Per. 3)
  Pouria S. (Per. 5)
  Linda L. (Per. 2)
  Matthew R. (Per. 1)

p.150 (25-37:odd,36)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gerson,
For the study island i already have an 80%. And it wont let me play the games because it is saying that i have like a 66.3 & or something!
can you please help me?
Thanks.

Danielle H.
Per.3

Potato Man said...

Potatoes Rule!

Austin C.
Per. 1/2(1 x 7 -5 + 2)

Mr. Gerson said...

Danielle, it all looks good on my end. I see that you got dropped down to a building block, but you cleaned it all up. It looks like you have clear sailing now.

Potato Man said...

Homework was simple. the only hard one was #37. Is it Ok that I drew a diagram?

Austin C.
Per. 2

Mr. Gerson said...

Austin, any reasoning strategy except Guess & Check is always acceptable.

Anonymous said...

Help!
Although this doesn't have anything to do with math, I know everyone has this, so I'm asking it here.

Do we have to write the P.E. essay in MLA style?
How are we not supposed to write I or you if it's in first person?

If this comment doesn't get posted, sorry for making you read it Mr. Gerson. I couldn't think of another way to ask... :(

Dahnby J.
Per. 2

Anonymous said...

The homework was easy tonight Mr.Gerson!1!!!1eleven!

Tim M.
Per 6

Anonymous said...

mr gerson, how do you play games in studyisland? i finished assignment #6 and #7 - i was over 80 percent.

Hannah P
PEr.5

Anonymous said...

The Lesson went by really fast today.
Anthony V.
Period 2

Anonymous said...

Hannah, on the page where it said seesion options(the one with number of questions).if u look right-top corner, it says test mode.


so click on that and change it to any game mode u like to play.

Hyun P. per.6

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when we could turn in the study island print-out?

Brad B.
Period 6

Mr. Gerson said...

Dahnby, yes. Every essay you write at Calle needs to be in MLA style for all content areas, including P.E. Of course, MLA style is for English and History majors. Us Mathematics and Science people use APA style. shhhhhh!!!!!

Mr. Gerson said...

Hyun, good explanation.

Mr. Gerson said...

Brad, as you saw, four people turned it in today, but as the assignment says, it is due Friday.

Anonymous said...

Oh no...
Do we write it in third person then???

Dahnby J.
Per. 2

*dreamstar* said...

I CAN'T DO THE GAMES!!! they are so hard and there is no way I can get on the high scores table. Mr. Gerson I have a 90% on the studyisland and I understand how to do all the equations, so do I really have to do the games??

Shiloh S. Per. 3

*dreamstar* said...

Dahnby- If you are talking about the essay for P.E. then, because it's about our lives, we CAN write it in first person.

Shiloh Per. 3

Anonymous said...

You guys rock! I am digging the way you help each other out with all the stuff. It makes for good reading.

Go Mr. Gerson!

Swiger

*dreamstar* said...

Ms. Swiger- I dig the way you dig our blog! :D

Shiloh S. Per. 3