September 15, 2008

Exponential Notation (CA SS 2.0) and Distributive Property (CA SS 1.0, 4.0, 10.0)

Today we saw a large number of students having 4 out of 12 wrong on their practice assignments. That is not practicing. After you have completed your problems, you should be checking them and reworking the ones that were wrong (next to each other). Practice means finding, correcting, and learning from your errors. After 3 attempts, you should be asking questions if you cannot find your errors.

p.17 (1,5,7,11) and p.27 (1,11,13,19,23,35,43,70)

27 comments:

ZornRockman said...

this home work is confusing


Chris Z Per 5

*dreamstar* said...

If we correct the problems now, will we be able to get a 'complete' stamp on our written assingment log? Shiloh S. Per. 3

Mr. Gerson said...

Shiloh, You have a problem, and you have an answer. Your assignment is to show me the steps to go from problem to answer.

Chris, No one can offer you help if you do not ask a question.

*dreamstar* said...

I meant the assingment that we did over the weekend... I got an incomplete stamp because I got some wrong. If I correct the problems that are wrong, can I get a complete stamp?

ZornRockman said...

ok so i got stuck on it but me and my dad worked it out


thanks
Chris Z
Per 5

Anonymous said...

Is this the right format to answer the questions?

2^4
2*2*2*2
4*2*2
8*2
[16]?

Elysa S. Per. 6

Anonymous said...

can we ask questions from other classes on here? By the way Shreas, I beat you! :)

Austin C.
Period 2

Anonymous said...

How do we show our work with #10?

Elysa S.

Mr. Gerson said...

Shiloh, it is not because you got problems wrong. It is because you did not put forth the effort to correct your mistakes. Remember, "Practice" is graded on effort, not number correct like a test.

Mr. Gerson said...

Elysa, that is VERY complete.

Mr. Gerson said...

Elysa, number 10 on page 17 or 27? I am happy to help you with it, but I want to make sure that you realize that I did not assign a number 10.

Mr. Gerson said...

Austin, you can ask questions. If someone from another class has an answer, they will try to help, or I will.

Mr. Gerson said...

The two problems were done on the SmartBoard. If you click on them, they will open up full-screen.

Anonymous said...

I solved it, it was # 7 sorry!

Elysa S.

Anonymous said...

Ok, thanx Mr. Gerson. Does anyone know if you can read magazines for Adkinson's Reading log? By the way, how many can you get wrong on your practice before it becomes incomplete?

Austin C.
Per. 2

*dreamstar* said...

Oh, I see Mr. Gerson. Thank you! I'll be sure to check my problems from now on! Shiloh S. Per. 3

Anonymous said...

Where can you get those big fancy calculators anyways?

Austin C.
Per. 2

Anonymous said...

How do you show your work in factoring???

Elysa S.

Anonymous said...

I have a problem on question # 70. I can't find the correct answer on the book.... Are we still solving
this question?

Alyssa K
Period 5

Anonymous said...

Mr.Gerson, on the HW there was a question #70, which is even. So I couldn't find the answer. Did you mean an odd number, or are we supposed to do it with no answers...?

Manami K.
Per.2

Mr. Gerson said...

Elysa, look at the picture on the right of the blog post that shows sample problem e from class.

Mr. Gerson said...

Problem #70 is a challenging problem. You need to be able to factor the other problems first. The Chapter Wrap-Ups are the only assignments that have the answers to the evens in the back of the book, otherwise only odds appear. I assigned #70 on purpose. It is how I will check for understanding tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Homework was simple

christian w per.1

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gerson i don't know how to sign up for your blog could u help me??


thanks-
Lena M.
period 1

Mr. Gerson said...

There is a link all the way at the bottom of the blog in the lower left hand corner. Someone else posted more about subscribing in a previous day's post, but it is not important to me if you subscribe as long as you are checking the blog everyday.

Anonymous said...

the assignment was really easy i just made dumb mistakes.

anthony v per. 4

Anonymous said...

ok thanks so much Mr.Gerson

Lena M.
Period 1