Today, the summaries posted by our classmates will be about a specific reasoning strategy of their choice. I hope everyone does not pick the same one (i.e. draw a picture). I am embedding our first video into the blog. The video is produced by NASA. It is only one segment from a show, but it shows a linear relationship in an x-y table (n-p table in the video) format. "Make a table" is a great strategy to help us "find a pattern" to be able to "make an equation".
p.39 (1-3)
draw a picture
your choice (if necessary)
make an equation
p.46 (22)
draw a picture
your choice (if necessary)
Choose 1 of the 4 problems to make me a poster on the paper I gave you, so I can decorate the classroom.
Don't forget that you have a new StudyIsland assignment due next Friday.
28 comments:
Anonymous
said...
How do you block popups on eTUSD? I tried pressing Ctrl when i was clicking but I don't think it worked.
Today we had to draw a diagram for each problem. Drawing a diagram helps very much for those that are more of a visual learner. For some problems that are very difficult, people can try working backwards which would really help too.
Todat in class we discussed reasoning strategies like try, test, revise,(guess and check),Draw a Diagram, and Making an organized list. Making a list could be used for factoring numbers like 5 and listing the factors 5,10,15,20,25,etc.
Today we learned in class how to solve problems by using different strategies.you can 1 draw a picture 2 find a pattern 3 make an eqation 4 work backward or 5 make a table
Mr.Gurson after the first attempt of trying to do the test where the time limit was in front of every problem, i went back a second time to do it and it wouldn't let me do the test. So I got a 0 out of 20 because i couldn't read the problems. Any suggestions?
friday in class we worked on word problems or reasoning stratagies. these problems can sometimes be difficult, but i found that drawing a picture/diagram can really be helpful.
mr. gerson, for problem 22 on pg 46, i dont understand what it means when it says, "....each person can carry a five day supply of water...." is a day supply of water for 1 person or for everyone?
28 comments:
How do you block popups on eTUSD? I tried pressing Ctrl when i was clicking but I don't think it worked.
Lauren C.
Per.2
Mr.Gurson the time limit is right in front of the problems for the quiz
Haden O.
Per 2
I didn't pick the spot, so move it a little up or move it a little down. Told you the test was easy.
Lauren, you do not want to block popups, you want to UNblock popups. Most browsers have it in the upper right hand corner of the screen/tab.
mr. gerson, if started the test then you could not answer and you quit would you beable to take it again? im just wondering.
kacie o. per. 2
I am not sure, but I do not think so.
Are we suppose to color the Poster?
Anton G.
Per 1
Oh right, I typed it wrong.
Lauren C.
Per.2
Mr. Gerson, what should an equation look like for the homework?
Brett S.
Mr. Gerson said that color is good! So... Yeah! I think we should.
James B.
Period 2
Summary:
Today we had to draw a diagram for each problem. Drawing a diagram helps very much for those that are more of a visual learner. For some problems that are very difficult, people can try working backwards which would really help too.
Nataly N.
Per.2
p.s. I couldn't think of anything else to write
brett
you should write out the problem them draw the picture to solve the problem then write it like a normal equasion.
kacie o.
per. 2
Thanks Kacie! So would something like 65+x=70 be right?
Brett S.
per 4
notes summary:
Todat in class we discussed reasoning strategies like try, test, revise,(guess and check),Draw a Diagram, and Making an organized list. Making a list could be used for factoring numbers like 5 and listing the factors 5,10,15,20,25,etc.
Krissy Y.
per.6
yes but whatevers on the chart brett! good luck!
kacie o.
per.2
For the poster, besides drawing,
quesition, and answer, what else do
we have to write?
Woongbae L.
Pr:2
summary
Today we learned in class how to solve problems by using different strategies.you can
1 draw a picture
2 find a pattern
3 make an eqation
4 work backward or
5 make a table
Any of these steps can help you solve a problem.
Jay m.
Yes! I got B on the sample test.
so we can't take the quiz again and will it count as part of our grade?
-Shivani S.
period 4
Mr.Gurson after the first attempt of trying to do the test where the time limit was in front of every problem, i went back a second time to do it and it wouldn't let me do the test. So I got a 0 out of 20 because i couldn't read the problems. Any suggestions?
About number 22 on page 46 is it okay if the guy crossing the preserve has 0 on the eighth day? Did anyone else get 4 people for that one?
-Nick H.
Period 5
friday in class we worked on word problems or reasoning stratagies. these problems can sometimes be difficult, but i found that drawing a picture/diagram can really be helpful.
kylie c.
per. 1
p.s. sorry thiss took sooo long too post. =/
mr. gerson,
for problem 22 on pg 46, i dont understand what it means when it says, "....each person can carry a five day supply of water...."
is a day supply of water for 1 person or for everyone?
karine y.
per. 3
so did we have to do an extra method to do the assignment.
Anthony v period 4
For the homework, do we need a variable in the equation??
Alana A.
Period 2
i have a question about the poster...
for the writing, can it be pencil or does it matter if its pen/pencil??? please answer.
- noemi c.
period 2
Noemi, from what Mr. Gerson told me, it should be exactly what you did on paper with pencil but colorful.
- Saloni B.
Period 1
thank you =) ur nice =)
-noemi c period 2
Post a Comment