Yesterday's blog comments were outstanding. I like how students answered a majority of the questions, so I could focus on the confusing math questions involving the closure property. I was excited along with you as we began to understand it. It made me happy to see how well you treated each other and gave the blog a very professional feeling. Keep up the good work!
Today we finished yesterday's vocabulary and discussed the order of operations.
Prentice Hall textbook: p.7 (27,29,35,39), p.14 (1,5,21,25), and p.22 (19,29,31,35)
Next week we will continue working on chapter 1 concepts. Make sure you finish StudyIsland Assignment #2 if you have not already.
15 comments:
Are we going to get our pretest back?
If so, when?
-Saloni B.
Period 1
do you know when we are supposed to get our lockers, it is taking forever.
christian wooten per.1
Ms. Swaiger said we are getting our lockers on Monday.
Hannah P.
Per.5
mr. gerson,
i was wondering if the vocabulary ,the one you made us right down , if we are going to be tested on the vocabulary???
- noemi c
You are right about the locker situation. It IS taking forever. None of us have been told why, so I hope it is Monday. I am just happy that we had enough Algebra 1 textbooks, so you did not need to carry them back and forth.
You will have the pretests back in time to study for the chapter test. I am thinking Monday, 9/22, would be a good day for our first chapter test.
The NASA photos of the day are really interesting! Thank you for posting them! Shiloh S. Per. 3
I liked the purple one so much that I actually set is as the background on my computer! Shiloh S. Per. 3
Thanks, Mr. Gerson.
- Saloni B.
Period 1
hey mr.gerson so the test on 9/22 will be on the vocab/properties and chapter 1
the practice was easy
Anthony V per. 4
does our pretest count as a grade or was it just review?
-Nick H.
period 5
would subtraction have an identity property cuz a-0=a?
same thing with division cuz a/1=a.
its sorta confusing when they say only multiplication and addition have identity props
matthew j.
period 1
We like addition and multiplication the best. They are commutative and associative while subtraction and division are not. That is why the definitions at the bottom of your table are so important. We will get further into it in class.
will the pretest be on all of the stuff that we have don ein class so far? like the properties worksheet??
Post a Comment