September 8, 2008

The language of math

Today we discussed words that are related to symbols we use in math. There are still more symbols to cover, so I did not assign the poster tonight. We also received our textbooks.

The vocabulary poster is NOT due tomorrow. Cover your textbook and keep it at home.

We will discuss some more symbols and take a Chapter 1 pretest tomorrow. Hopefully, we can skip some of the lessons in Chapter 1 because you got them down last year.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

thx for the blog

Anonymous said...

what vocabulary poster? did we get an assignment because i didnt hear u say anything bout it?

Anonymous said...

then, can we keep our txtbooks at home for now? since we dont have our lockers, there are so much to carry.

Mr. Gerson said...

I published all 3 of these comments, but please remember to sign them.

All homework assignments are written on the whiteboard in class in blue. We might change it to green to match the blog, but it is blue for now. I had to remind you not to try to complete the assignment because we have not covered everything.

The textbooks I gave you yesterday stay at home until requested or you check-out of school.

Anonymous said...

Was the info on about the pretest written on the board? I didn't see it?

Mr. Gerson said...

Which pretest?

The blog of 9/5 has the StudyIsland pretest (Assignment #1) in green because that is homework. That means it was also on the board at school.

If you are referring to the blog of 9/8 where I state there will be a Chapter 1 pretest in blue, I am being nice and telling you what is coming up tomorrow in class. I thought you might like to know.

I hope that elaborates on our classroom conversation about the way I hope the blog will work.

Anonymous said...

are we going to have study guides before tests or will we be able to have reviews in class??

-erica m.

Anonymous said...

wait i don't get it... are we going to keep the text books at home because we were asked today to put them under your desk... and i put it there but still i don't understand if we're going to have a text book for our locker/home.

- noemi c.

Anonymous said...

he gave us one of the text books to keep for the school year and then he had one text book under all off the desk, so you should have one with you....

Mr. Gerson said...

No one claimed credit for the last comment, but it was so well put I had to post it.

Anonymous said...

sorry that was me =)

Adam C.
P.2

Anonymous said...

oh thank you adam

~Erica M. said...

do we need to buy the calculator or is it optional? my mo looked up the TI-84 and its about 100 bucks. hah. let me know when you get a chace.

erica m
period 2 =]

Anonymous said...

so do we keep our text books at home or in our lockers/ backpacks????

-noemi c