Torrance Unified has started a new website, eTUSD. In addition to your regular homework, I want you to log on to this site and complete the Welcome Survey. I need to know that you can log on and navigate around. I have created a sample test for Chapter 1 that you will be able to take and see what your grade would be without more studying. Click here to navigate to the new site and follow the directions for student log in (username: ID#, password: Date of Birth).
p.42 (1,3,10,27)
Welcome Survey on eTUSD.
60 comments:
I logged into the TUSD website and clicked the button for the Welcome Survey, but it still said it was closed. It should already be open, shouldn't it.?
Tayler B.
Per. 3
that password thing was hard to enter in. I probably tried it 5 times until I got it right.
Haden O.
Per 2
wow the welcoming servey took me about 5 seconds to complete
but the log in took me a bit to remember how to log in. =]
that place is really cool survey took like 10 seconds.
Adam C.
per 2
I answered #2 but it didn't give me credit
Lauren C.
Per.2
the homework was really easy. except for # 10. if it's a repeating decimal, should i round it or just put the line thingy over the repeating part?
Hannah P.
Per.5
You could also make the repeating part a fraction, right?
does anyone get how to do #10?
i can't figure it out
Kayla s.
per.4
i took the survey and i took it but number 1 and 3 had my answer marked but number 2 did notttt
Ashlee K.
Period 2
the survey was simple but i had trouble with logging in to the other site
Chase R.
Per 1.
on number 27 the answer said answers may vary.
I got a(a-b)+(ab-b(b))
I put numbers into my calculator to replace the variables in my expression and the one in the book. Mine came out different than the book was that because my answer was false or was it because my answer only works if the numbers are in proportion with the numbers in the book.
P.S. Sorry I can't do exponents
-Nick H.
Period 5
Mr. Gerson, When I tried to put a picture for my profile for eTUSD, It didn't change. Why?
Austin C.
Per. 2
Morgan, I cannot publish your comment because it has personal information, but I can tell you there are two things you need to do with the password. Use a / instead of -. Make the year 4 digits like 2008 not 08. Okay?
Austin, I do not know. I need more information.
If you have a culculator you just find the decimal of 5/9 and multiply that by 75 and then subtract 32
Brad B. per. 6
Nick, I'm glad you checked your proposed solution with a calculator. You have discovered that your answer does not work. Good job. Now, can you explain why?
Why does everyone hate on fractions?
In response to Brad's comment, I still say what's wrong with using fractions?
aren't fractions really just like a question of thier own because 5/9 is basicly saying divide 9 by 5?
Brad B. per. 6
Mr. Gerson, it's same reason everybody hates on the metric system (I personaly think we should cnvert). The decimal system is way easer to learn and use.
Austin C.
Per.2
PS: Thank you anyways Mr. Gerson for your answer. By the way, every time you go the blog, does it say "are you sure you want to show insucre info"?
the "the pop up thing" bugs me also when I go off and then back on to refresh iI still have to do it.
Brad B. per. 6
Reminder to everybody! Write your summery of notes!!!!
Austin C.
Per. 2
i went to the TUSD website and i couldn't log in.
Adrianne Garcia
Per.4
None of my methods to solving number 27 are working I have awhile on that one question does anyone have tips on how to solve it I am going to finish other homework now. I will watch this spot.
-Nick H.
-Period 5
the eTUSD thing is pretty cool.
i finished the survey in 10 seconds, but i wasnt actually sure how many times i posted comments.
matthew j.
per. 1
I don't know how to log into the site.
They say that my ID number is my username and that my password is the birth date but when I typed the both down, it doesn't work.
Do I have to sign up somewhere specifically? i didn't sign up since i have no idea of what to do.
-Aaron K.
Thank you, I'm not the only one!
Austin C.
Per. 2
I CANT log into eTUSD.... its making me upsett
noemi c
OHHH okay i got on....
its because i forgot the / {dashes}
the survey was like 3 seconds but it didnt except #2
????
-noemi c.
period 2
For the survey I totally forgot the dashes....
-Woongbae.L
Aaron and Noemi, to log into the eTUSD, you have to put in your ID number for the username and for the password, it's your bday- so if the month is 1 digit don't forget the 0 in front of it, then there is a slash, day- if there is 1 digit again put a 0 in front of it, and year- type it all out.
Ex. 01/21/1996
so there should be 10 digits total.
-Saloni B.
Period 1
I totally forgot the dashes....
shoot I could've saved a lots of times.
-Woong bae.L
#2 has to be a number (1,2,3,37,etc.) not in word form (ten,one, etc.)
Austin C.
Per. 2
i can not seem to get another problem for number 27 except the answer in the book.
kacie o.
per. 2
we logged on to TUSD and we answered the Welcome Survey.
Jessica R.
Mandi J.
per. 3
I'm having problems with the survey. Number 2 asks you, how many times have you posted a comment on the algebra bulldog.... and im saying once but it wont accept my answer.... i said 1, once, but no matter what i put it wont accept it.
Zoya A.
I have the same problem as Kacie- I can't think of anyhting but the answer that is in the back of the book.
-Saloni B.
Period 1
thanks saloni =)
-noemi c.
I can't either!!!!!
-Shivani S.
period 4
i cant get on to the tusd website because it says my password is "invalid" what should i do?
Haley B.
per.5
the survey was pretty easy it only took me a couple of seconds to finish it.
Alex R.
Per.5
Just to tell you, We're at a new high for comments (old one was 29)
Austin C
Per. 2
oh goodness... mr.gerson is there any way i can find out my ID???
i totalyy thought i knew it but i guess i didnt.. :(
~Melissa F.
per. 1
This new site is cool. I prefer this place though...
Shreyas T
P.2
that web site is so tight!
christian wooten per. 1
Kyle L. said...
For number 27 on the homework. How would you come up with the formula. do you have to add 1a and subtract all those b's. Or is there another way?
Kyle, the question is about area, not perimeter.
Everyone, the answer in the book takes the big square and removes the small one. Is there a way to add up the 3 rectangles?
never mind i got it
Adrianne Garcia
Per.4
the welcoming survey gave me credit for number 1 && 3 but it didnt count number 2.
Susanna J. :]
per. 5
I really liked the survey. It took me about 10 seconds. We should that more often. Hahaha I'm just kidding. Thanks for everything.
:]
Julia S
Per-4
Survey question #2 was set to accept a numerical response only. I set a limit of 99 on it. Answers of 0 may not appear to you to be counted, but they are calculated in the class average.
hi everybody,
can #10 be a mixed number, because i got a mixed number!
linda l.
per. 2
on tonight's homework, September 17, 2008, i do not get how to solve number 10, can u lead me through how to solve it please?
Hannah White
Period 6
Linda, yes.
Hannah, look at Brad's comment at 4:29 PM
the welcome survey is so easy, it took me like 5 seconds!!!!!!
:]
but the password thing took me like 10 tries! :[
whatever, at least i got in :]
linda l.
per. 2
mr. Gerson is the formula for nuber 27 (axa)-(bxb)?
Haley, you have to have 10 digits in the password, so if you have 1 digit month or day must have a 0 in front of it ,and don't forget the /'s.
- Saloni B.
Mr. Gerson, when we write the summaries, should we write it from how we interpreted the lesson, or do we need to lok in the book or something?
Brett S.
for number 27 on the homework i got the answer in the book because i checked afterwards. what if i got that answer? do i get it wrong or not?
Valerie A.
Per.5
melissa f......... look on ur old id the one with ur picture on it =) noemi c.
Post a Comment